Job TitleDevOps Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be a part Philips Wellcentive, a leader in population health that helps customers provide care management for more than 30 million patients and achieve more than $500 million annually in value-based revenue.
You are responsible for
● Manage and provide insight into core product services to support company operations
● Work as part of the core DevOPs team to be a key role in day to day operations and larger projects
● Lead & Work very closely with Percona Remote DBA services
● Effectively manage the services in and around DB in the datacenter & cloud in a scalable and automated manner,
including but not limited to: DB platform, DB operations, DB tasks, DB components, and DB uptime
● Effectively support all operations around the DB product and platform in a quick, scalable, and automated manner (where possible) including but not limited to: releases, performance tuning, production stability, user management, and external team support
● Ensure maximum uptime of all DB components in all environments
● Be readily available to help or assist through any escalations, "spikes", or issues
● Develop tools to help Wellcentive engineers & employees interact with various technologies
● Troubleshoot and diagnose issues within various environments quickly
● Scale and advance Wellcentive by using new technologies to be a leader in the industry
You are a part of
A team that will provide direct support with day-to-day database responsibilities, and should be able to help accelerate the technologies used at Philips Wellcentive and provide valuable insight from the position. We are looking for sharp, passionate, and hard working individuals who not only want to make an impact, but also grow their technical and leadership skills.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Critical thinking skills
- Experience in developing automation
- Working knowledge in at least one scripting language such as python
- Solid Linux skills
- Needs to have worked in a Linux-centric or mixed environment; not just maintained a single Linux server
- RHEL / CentOS / Fedora experience valued over Ubuntu / Debian
- Configuration management experience
- Experience creating, managing, and operating at least one config management tool; Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt
- Networking skills
- Swarm Mode
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top