Job TitleDevOps Engineer
As part of the Philips Wellcentive technology integration team, you will be collaborating with other architects, developers and engineers to build out and support solutions that aids in realizing vision and strategy of Philips Population Health Management business.
- Build out services, configure and deploy applications in cloud environment, i.e. AWS
- Monitor, troubleshoot and manage deployed applications and environment
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations
This position is part of the Philips Wellcentive technology integration team and integrated with the operations team, based in Alpharetta, Georgia.
This is a chance to be part of creating the new future of healthcare. The Philips Wellcentive solution, together with the rest of the population health portfolio will enable unprecedented clinical programs to be implemented that affect the lives of millions of people.
We are looking for DevOps engineer with:
- Solid experience and/or passion for working with core infrastructure components
- Fundamental and strong understanding of servers, networking, and storage.
- Fundamental and strong understanding of Linux, sysadmin, and automation tools
- Experience and ability to create, modify, and tune scripts written in python, bash, perl
- Experience and ability to setup automated monitoring & alerting systems
- Experience in working with AWS services like EC2, ECS, RDS, Lambda, DynamoDB, CloudWatch, SQS, SNS, Kinesis.
- Experience in working with AWS tools like CloudFormation, OpsWorks, VPCs.
- Experience with Cloudstack, Openstack, and/or Docker
- B.S. in Computer Science or like technical discipline
- Strong background in development processes
- Strong understanding of DNS, LDAP, and configuration management
- Active listening and critical thinking skills
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately in all situations
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and work under pressure
- Ability to communicate with multiple teams and vendors effectively
- Ability to pay attention to detail, learn, and apply new skills
- Ability to read and understand various programming languages
- Knowledge of LVM, disk partitions, iostat, fdisk, snmp, and templating linux environments
- Desirable: Experience with MySQL or other Relational Database environments
- Desirable: Strong understanding Cisco or Juniper networking components
- Desirable: Experience with Cloudera, HortonWorks, hive, spark, yarn, hdfs, kafka, storm, hdfs
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top