- Colorado Springs, CO
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Become a part of a dynamic team to develop and maintain state-of-the-art laser medical equipment and smart therapy catheters, solving important clinical needs and positively impacting patients, saving lives and limbs.
You are responsible for
- Having a solid technical understanding of Electrical Hardware as well as the basic toolset for mechanical design
- Working within a cross functional team to generate new product designs or changes to existing product given specific input requirements and constraints.
- Generating design documentation such as product requirements, CAD models, drawings, BOMs, test protocols, test reports, Engineering Change Orders, assembly instructions.
- Producing prototypes for evaluation, development, and test, which may include assembly and limited machining.
- Supporting with the evaluation of prototypes in clinical scenarios as necessary
- Working with vendors on component design and fabrication.
- D eveloping test protocols, conducting hands-on testing, analyzing the data, and writing test reports
- Producing invention disclosures for new design concepts.
- Developing and executes engineering studies, analyzes data, provides recommendations.
- CAD proficient in creating both solid models and finished drawings - SolidWorks preferred
You are a part of
Our R&D organization dedicated to the delivery and accessibility of important laser and catheter based medical device solutions for Lead Management, Coronary Atherectomy, and Peripheral Atherectomy businesses within Philips Image Guided Therapy Devices. You will belong to a fast-paced, motivated, and collaborative cross-functional project team.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Physics or equivalent skills and experience - BS in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- A minimum of Three (3) years or more of relevant industry experience
- Experience with embedded electronics, cabling/harnesses, and electromechanical systems.
- Experience working closely with embedded software and firmware engineers
- Experience with Electrical CAD/EDA design tools such as Cadence, Mentor, and/or Altium.
- Experience working in a regulated environment (e.g. FDA Medical Device) preferred
- Desire to help craft an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences based on consistently demonstrated personal values
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to learn from our engineers, clinicians, sales leaders, and other industry professionals about our state-of-the-art laser systems and disposable products. The opportunity to become a highly influential subject matter expert for software engineering in our products. The opportunity to be among experts and leaders in the medical device industry who are dedicated to creating a dynamic, challenging working environment and who will support your continued growth.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top