Job TitleDevelopment Engineer
Development Engineer develops new products, using the latest technologies and resources, often realizing systems based on unverified specifications.
- Generating requirements based on user needs
- Software development to requirements
- Creating and executing functionality testing
- Writing documentation to comply with the quality & regulatory system
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry leading in image guided interventions, ultrasound, patient monitoring, cardiology informatics, sleep therapy and respiratory care.
Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
- Fluency in C++
- Understanding of software-hardware interfaces
- Experience with complex system and/or software architecture
- Familiarity with other program languages (C, Java)
- Familiarity with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Ruby)
- Demonstrated ability to write requirement specifications
- Demonstrated ability to write test specifications
- Understanding of basic engineering principles
- Experience with MRI/NMR preferred but not required
- Experience in the medical device or aerospace industry would be beneficial but is not required
- Master’s degree in engineering (computer, electrical, or biomedical engineering preferred), with a minimum of two years professional experience or
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (computer, electrical, or biomedical engineering preferred), with a minimum of four years professional experience
- PhD related to MRI/NMR preferred but not required
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top