Design Engineering Leader - Measurement Sensors
- Cambridge, MA
Design Engineering Leader - Measurement Sensors
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be the manager of the Design Engineering team for Measurement Sensors. In this role, you will be the
functional manager providing leadership and technical competence to the design team. You will be
responsible for driving towards our vision, supporting the platform's goals, and acting as a coach to your
You are responsible for
- Ensure appropriate design engineering resourcing and capabilities for all projects to meet
- Quality and efficiency of design engineering output
- Plan and allocate the group resources
- Resolve functional escalations
- Align functional aspects with other functions
- Develop and maintain functional specific training and training plans for employees
- Train team members and ensure compliant completion of design controls deliverables from
- inception through product end of life
- Guide and mentor design engineers on the product lifecycle
- Recruit, set goals, and appraise team members
- Create and support career development of team members
- Foster a learning environment supporting continuous improvement and personal initiative
- Establish and maintain the functional procedures, guidelines, and templates
- Attract, develop, engage, and retain your team members
- International travel is 15%
You are a part of
The Measurement Sensors Platform and you will report directly to the Director of Measurements Sensors. This team is part of Philips Monitoring and Analytics (MA) business cluster.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent applicable science degree, required. Advanced degree a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in medical device product development (background in measurement sensor development a plus)
- 5+ years of experience in managing or leading technical product development teams
- Proven track record in employee development, team building and engagement with a background in employee recruiting, training and retaining
- Strong problem solving skills including root cause analysis
- Experience with FDA and MDR Quality Management System requirements, including Design Controls, Purchasing Controls, and Safety Risk Assessment
- Demonstrated experience in managing/improving product performance and product quality (defect rates, etc.)
- Comfortable working with globally distributed teams, and multiple diverse internal (cross functional and cross business unit) and external (Supply Base) team members
- Strong leadership skills, including conflict resolution, negotiation, and influence management.
- US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship fora work-authorized visa .
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we're used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top