In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be a member of a cross-functional team through the entire life cycle of a MCS Consumables product line. This role includes the Design Controls deliverables for new product designs and sustaining R&D projects, from ideation through planning and execution to release, and ongoing sustaining engineering until product end of life.
This role Report directly to the Sr. Manager of Product Development, MCS. The MCS team is part of Philips Monitoring and Analytics & Therapeutic Care (MA&TC) business group.
You are responsible for
- Deliverables per the Design Controls Process from inception through product end of life for the pulse oximetry product line.
- Define and manage the Product Lifecycle
- Complete deliverables per the product development process for assigned product families
- Create/update product drawings and requirements specifications
- Plan, prepare, communicate and manage design engineering deliverables
- Identify risk and actively follow up on response actions defined
- Identify DfX opportunities throughout product lifecycle
- Ensure alignment with NPI activities and manage post-market activities
You are a part of
The Medical Consumables and Sensors (MCS) Business Innovation Unit (BIU) identifies and meets customer and market needs by designing, developing, and distributing consumable and sensor products that enable clinical measurement for Philips Healthcare and non-Philips patient monitoring solutions. MCS also designs, markets and distributes to customers around the world a portfolio of products that provide developmental care solutions in perinatal markets in addition to providing jaundice care along with industry consumables and sensors.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS in Biomedical, Mechanical or Precision Engineering, or equivalent applicable science degree, required. Advanced degree a plus.
- 3+ years' experience in medical device industry is preferred.
- Background in medical consumable development is preferred.
- Specialization in pulse oximetry technology and production process is preferred.
- Experience with IEC 60601 series of standards and ISO 10993 series of standards.
- Experience with product design scalability
- Demonstrated tolerance stack-up analysis experience
- Strong problem solving skills including root cause analysis.
- Experience with FDA and MDR Quality Management System requirements, including Design Controls, Purchasing Controls, and Safety Risk Assessment.
- Demonstrated experience in managing/improving product performance and product quality (defect rates, etc.)
- Experience with FMEA, LEAN, DfX, DFM and Reliability a plus.
- Comfortable working with globally distributed teams, and multiple diverse internal (cross functional and cross business unit) and external (Supply Base) team members.
- Strong leadership skills, including conflict resolution, negotiation, and influence management.
- Demonstrated thermal analysis experience is preferred.
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we're used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top