In this role, you have the opportunity to
As a Demand Planner you're responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products related to your assigned category. The Demand Planner creates and maintains forecast models for their customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, retailer replenishment analysts, and other sources. Responsible for recognizing trends or patterns and adjusting forecasts using statistical modeling techniques and qualitative data. In addition, the demand planner is responsible for purchasing for the assigned categories and working with supply planners track Purchase Order execution and distribution of inventory from DCs to stores. Accountable for in stock, Inventory $ and inventory days for their related categories
You are responsible for
- Develops initial forecast modeling based on historical data and causal factors. Evaluates impact of promotional strategy on the forecast including product placement, various promotion types, acquisition methods, etc. and make recommendations to meet margin and profit goals.
- Understands the dynamics of assigned categories and items, including: seasonality, competitive activity, trends, ad plans, category role, sales objectives, sales drivers and life cycle plans.
- Provides input into S&OP supply planning process. Collaborates with the Distribution Center and Transportation via S&OP. Evaluates the consumption plan and the financial plan to make recommendations to business stakeholders and collaborate with DC Ops on promotion preparedness.
- Create demand plan at the SKU level, at customer and DC level (in dollars and units).
- Makes Finished Good demand plans for the assigned categories and working with supply planners track schedule receipts execution and distribution of inventory from manufacturing facilities to DCs. Accountable for Inventory $ and inventory days for related categories
- Reviews sales with sales managers and agree on forecast numbers.
- Meets daily/weekly with supply planners to discuss key in-stock and inventory issues.
- Identifies and resolves out of stock issues, focusing on minimizing shortage occurrences through analysis of data and review of safety stock levels.
- Works with account manager to review vendor scorecards to resolve chronic issues such as vendor compliance chargers, Fill Rate, forecast accuracy Etc. to ensure a world-class customer experience.
- Works closely with Category Supply Planner to ensure proper stock levels and allocation for Promotional and Seasonal items, collaborate with suppliers on make plans, and factory capacity analysis.
You are a part of
As a Demand Planner you are the integration point into the sales and commercial organization.
This position is the talent pool for more senior roles in our Operations Planning team.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 5 years of experience in Demand planning
- Proven experience with operational aspects of business such as delivery lead time, MOQ, Safety stocks etc.
- Experience in statistical modeling techniques and concepts of forecasting such as MAPE, WMAPE, and BIAS.
- Working knowledge of JDA planning system
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. We believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top