In this role, you have the opportunity to
Manage data-center operations, software release cycles, network and security operations in support of patient focused services. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to architect production systems, maintain appropriate levels of security, monitor performance and availability required to exceed both internal and market demands. Our Pittsburgh based team oversees operations locally as well in cloud instances in North America, Europe and Asia.
You are responsible for
Maintaining the operations of our externally facing critical 24x7 \"Software as a Service\" systems. Specific responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Product Delivery process, including production releases of critical externally facing products as well as staging and preparing testing and quality assurance environments. Ensure all operations meet current HIPAA, ASIP and other relevant regulatory guidelines. Work directly with the PMO to ensure all project release schedules are met.
- Supporting all Database Administration needs, including and not limited to: backups, restores, snapshots, replication, patching, DB deployments, and schema version change scripting within maintenance jobs and schedules.
- Maintaining appropriate and required compliance and regulatory requirements, involving key process controls and documentation.
- Providing Tier 3 and Tier 4 Operational support of critical 24x7 externally facing medical device software products. Meet or exceed all operational KPI's and SLA's. .
- Providing architectural and process guidance to both members of this team as well as the product engineering team in order to insure security, performance and availability of all supported products.
- On-call, overnight and weekend work is required to support off hour releases and production operations. Please understand this is not a general statement, this position has strong areas of responsibility in overseas infrastructures and application deployments.
You are a part of
A company, Philips, that delivers advanced solutions for health professionals, to meet the needs of patients, and empowered consumers for affordable healthcare whether in hospital or at home. The New Business Solutions Technical Operations Group is responsible for the delivery, support and maintenance of externally facing software based service offerings.
This role will initially be based in our Murrysville office. Philips will be relocating this office to a new site in Bakery Square , one of the premier locations in Pittsburgh. This is a very exciting time to be joining Philips, as this new location will be the Sleep & Respiratory Center of Excellence . The new office is set to open in late 2020.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technology field. Masters a plus.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience supporting external customer facing products including a thorough understanding of hardware\storage, virtualization and networking in both brick and mortar settings as well as cloud based SaaS models.
- Experience in a regulated healthcare setting or other highly regulated industry.
- Ability to effectively support and manage both Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Strong knowledge in supporting\administrating Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB and/or Amazon Relational Database Services
- Experience in automation tooling via scripting is highly regarded for role.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a highly diverse and fast paced team. Identify and cultivate the necessary external relationships with third party providers such as data center hosts, hardware/software vendors and consulting firms
- Working knowledge in additional areas such as Redis, Neo4J or streaming processes such as Kafka are a plus
- Effectively research, develop, test and implement new Database Tuning and Maintenance procedures
- Implement and Maintain all Database Security policies, procedure and regulations
- Serve as DBA for operational responsibilities, strategic planning and projects.
- US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
- Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within commuting distance to this office.
In return, we offer you
As we continue to rapidly expand multiple products offerings in additional countries we offer this ground-floor opportunity for the successful candidate to be key resources in establishing and managing these expansions. As a market-driven company, we're used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top