Data Warehouse/Data Mart SQL Server DBA
Data Warehouse/Data Mart SQL Server DBA
This job is responsible for providing database management and day-to-day administration of the Data Warehouse/Data Mart databases. This may involve working with Philips internal business process owners, business SME's (i.e. subject matter experts) and IT teams to manage data loads or other database activities, analysis of the reporting/ business intelligence tools to ensure optimal use of database.
You are responsible for:
- Managing the database artifacts and providing subject matter expertise on best practices for creation, deployment and ongoing management of databases in a reporting/BI environment
- Monitoring daily/other database jobs and ETL/data loads and proactive resolution of issues to ensure maximum up-time/availability of database for reporting
- Performing routine database administration activities including setup login credentials for users & administer general security measures on database, to resolve and troubleshoot database access/other database issues, handle the backing up process of the database & its inspection
- Designing databases and some data sourcing/ETL requirements for efficient use in reporting and BI; Provide support and participate in design and implementation of ETL processes and procedures
Database Design, Management/Administration - 70-80% of time includes the following activities:
- Design & Develop dimensional and normalized data models describing data elements and how they are used, following standard data modeling practices for a Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence platform. Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database creating a data dictionary.
- Build database schema, tables, procedures and users/user access levels for each segment of database and modify existing databases and database management systems. Setup database for appropriate data sharing and disk partitioning, Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications.
- Oversee backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover. Restore and recover corrupted databases . Implement security and encryption to the database and data source files to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized use, modification or disclosure.
- Approve, schedule, plan, and supervise the installation and testing of new data sourcing packages/jobs and improvements to existing data acquisition including setup of new data sources.
- Analyze, consolidate and tune database for optimal efficiency, monitor systems and platforms for availability, Monitor database jobs for timely and accurate completion, and monitor capacity and performance of database and jobs for effective uptime and response time to the consumers of the data.
- Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations. Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time required to accomplish project.
Support ETL Design & Implementation - 20-30% of time includes the following activities:
- Support development of the ETL architecture/design and developing a solution in highly demanding environment. Identify, recommend and implement best practice ETL process and architecture improvements
- Implement, maintain and enhance ETL solution fulfilling data quality, availability, data freshness and performance requirements, working with the business & data analysts to understand the business requirements to be fulfilled by the data, assessing requirements for completeness and accuracy.
- Develop methods for integrating different data sources so they work properly together, such as customizing standard source system/product databases to fit specific needs. Analyze and interpret all complex data on target system and analyze and provide resolutions to all data issues and coordinate with analysts to validate all requirements.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Strong OLAP experience
- 4-year degree (or equivalent experience) in IT, Computer Science, or Business Intelligence
- 4+ Year of DBA experience with Microsoft SQL Server/Azure
- Experience with SQL, SSIS, SSAS, ETL
- Strong ability to communicate problems that occur to a technical and business audience
- Preferred - Certification in SQL Server development/ETL design & development
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long-term career, inside and outside of Philips. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Philips is more than a job. It is a calling to build a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering creative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it is like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top