In this role, you have the opportunity to
Bridge the gap between the clinical, the imaging modalities, and IT stakeholders at a clinical site, and the research and prototyping back office within Philips. You should be able to work in a multidisciplinary team of data scientists, software engineers, clinical scientists, physicians, department staff, and researchers. The Scientist will join an experienced team of Philips personnel and will be trained at the business and research facilities.
You are responsible for
- Building knowledge and clinical network to accelerate the advancement of artificial-intelligence to support and improve radiology for patients and clinicians.
- Working with clinicians to understand clinical workflow and systems for radiology or interventional procedures.
- Driving the development, evaluation, and deployment of AI-enabled solutions for radiology applications.
- Creating and maintaining an effective network with the clinical and IT stakeholders in clinical institutes.
- Fostering a strong relationship with Radiology Solutions business and Philips Research to feed new requirements and develop new proof of concept tools.
- Configure prototypes according to local clinical needs, including clinical documentation / reporting and adaptation to local clinical guidelines.
- Collaborating with local IT department on the requirements, design and implementation of interfaces of the prototype to local hospital IT systems, including PACS, RIS, lab system and EMR.
- Supporting integration of prototypes into local hospital IT infrastructure.
- Playing a crucial role in developing high quality and impactful solutions, that are representative of Philips.
You are a part of
Philips' Radiology Solutions which delivers multi-modality departmental solutions that build new value beyond the individual imaging system or modality. The business unit addresses the rapidly shifting needs of our customers in order to succeed in the new value-based healthcare environments by working closely with product BIUs and local country organizations to develop the solutions roadmap for Radiology.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- PhD/M.S. in clinical informatics, computer science, biomedical engineering or equivalent
- Research experience in building, training and validating image-based pattern recognition / classification algorithms using deep learning, convolutional neural networks, transfer learning and pre-trained networks
- Knowledge of deep learning neural network packages and hardware/software (e.g. PyTorch, Keras, TensorFlow, Cuda, NVIDIA GPUs)
- Strong domain knowledge with image processing (e.g. segmentation & quantification) and knowledge of the principles of medical image acquisition (X-ray, CT, MRI, Ultrasound) preferred.
- Solid foundation in machine learning methodology, data analysis, and statistical methodology
- Software development skills, including experience with software development lifecycle, and programming in Python, C++, C# or Java
- Experience with healthcare information protocols, standards and systems, including IHE, HL7, DICOM, PACS, EHR, and RIS
- Good analytic and problem solving skills. Pragmatism, goal-oriented thinking
- Good communicative skills. Ability to maintain relationships with clinicians
- Be able to work independently and as part of a larger data science team
- Interest in solving multidisciplinary clinical challenges
- Experience with class activation mapping, recurrent neural networks, and natural language process (NLP) highly desirable
- Experience with technologies such as MongoDB, SQL, Spark, Hadoop highly desirable
In return, we offer you
The chance to challenge and grow your technical and leadership ability in a fast paced, highly innovative environment. You will work alongside talented professionals using cutting edge technology that has a direct impact on patients.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top