CV Ultrasound Clinical Education Specialist (Home-Based, Portland, OR)
Job TitleCV Ultrasound Clinical Education Specialist (Home-Based, Portland, OR)
Provide training and education to Philips Ultrasound customers to insure the successful use of our ultrasound products and thereby contribute to the successful attainment of the ultrasound business targets. Design and implement training and education programs for our internal and external customers working closely with the Clinical Education Manager, Advanced Technical Trainers, and Product Marketing, to ensure continuous and accelerated career growth, customer clinical growth, business success, and customer satisfaction.
- Schedule and implement customer training following the Installation Matrix and Process Guidelines
- Driving education sales and tuition registrations to meet revenue and recovery targets for education goals (directly with customers or through all sales channels)
- Consistently deliver high level quality of education and training to both internal and external customers.
- Position yourself as a consultant to both internal and external customers.
- Communicate regularly with local, zone and management teams.
- Exhibits superior technical, clinical, and presentation skills at all times
- Professionally handle objections and questions
- Customer Education Activities
o Deliver customer presentations; technical and clinical (Advanced Customer Training, Universities)
o Deliver on-site customer training for purchased education days.
o Site visits to customers to review education entitlements to ensure customers are aware of their tuitions and assist them to register
o Identify customers to discuss education needs with and propose education plans
o Build technical, clinical and professional skills and knowledge. (New registries, cross training, relevant business courses, personal development courses, etc.)
- Organization Skills/Time Management/Professionalism
o Submit weekly schedule to management
o Maintain expenses according to company policy
o Submit expenses weekly to ensure timely reimbursement and expense tracking
o Maintain company property
o Follow all company and departmental policies, and use appropriate and cost conscience decision making
o Act in a positive and professional manner at all times
- Key Issues and Decisions:
Measured Key Competencies
Build and Maintain Relationships - Builds and maintains effective relationships with customers at all levels in the buying organization, within his/her organization (the service & sales teams and corporate), and within the industry.
- Positions system features and capabilities effectively linking them to customer needs
- Routinely strategizes with internal team prior to educational/training events
- Trainings are well-planned and customized to deal with areas of interest on behalf of the customer
- Utilizes corporate and team resources to address specific customer issues
- Communicates customer reactions and concerns to service & sales team members and management
- Understand Customer Requirements and Provide Consultancy - Utilizes discipline and critical thinking in the definition and analysis of customer needs and proposes solutions to those issues.
- Actively seeks information regarding customer interests/needs prior to and during the training
- Utilizes listening and thorough note-taking to document key needs and issues
- Through questioning, assists customers in prioritizing needs and requirements
- Keeps key stakeholders, internally and externally, informed and aware
- Adapts approach and style to cultural (organizational and national) and personality style variants
- Create Solutions Meeting Requirements - Develops solutions based on customer needs delivering optimal results for customers and Philips.
- Utilizes product knowledge to effectively position features and capabilities that represent solutions to customer needs
- Finds solutions that meet business, clinical and personal needs
- Utilizes corporate resources to address specific customer issues
- Adjusts personal style to accommodate the preferences of the prospect
- At least 5 years clinical experience as ARDMS or CCI registered sonographer
- Registry required: Adult Echocardiography
- Registry preferred: RVT, Pediatric Echocardiography
- Thorough understanding of: 3D echocardiography, TDI, Strain and 2D quantification
- Thorough understanding of Transesophageal Echocardiography, 3D preferred
- Working knowledge of: Mitral valve quantification, speckle and 3D quantification
- Previous classroom teaching experience preferred
- Previous presentation experience required
- Participation in clinical research preferred
- Previous leadership experience preferred
- Commercial medical equipment business or sales experience preferred
- May require more than 80% travel time.
- Must be able to discuss education options and be comfortable up-selling the customer on additional education.
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
The territory for this job are the states of OR, NV, HI and Northern CA. The preferred location is Portland, OR or Vancouver, WA. Candidate must reside in a city within their territory that holds the majority of their customer base and be located near a major (non-regional) airport (within 1 hours drive) to be considered.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top