Customer Services Account Manager - YALE
Job TitleCustomer Services Account Manager – YALE
We challenge you to join Philips Healthcare as a Customer Service Account Manager where you will WOW our customers by using your strong technical skills in providing the best in class customer service! As part of the Service engineering organization you will contribute to providing the right data, context, and approach which will change the way we do business and make a difference for our customers.
This particular position will work within the Patient Care and Monitoring Solutions Services organization but across all modalities. This division of Philips Healthcare specializes in the installation and service of patient monitoring devices, networks, and telemetry systems. As hospital environments become more integrated the service organization is looking to expand its ability to install and service complex networks as well and consult with customers on high end integrations.
The onsite Customer Services Relationship Manager is the account expert responsible for all phases of service communications related to the existing contract commitment, as well as offerings being developed and sold for assigned account(s) (to include support agreements, consulting offerings, Software Maintenance Agreements, etc.). This role is responsible for maintaining the Services relationship at all levels within the account to include interactions with hospital executives, Physicians, Clinicians, and administrative staff. The Customer Services Relationship Manager manages cross-functionally related to all activities, relationship, and communications between the customer and Philips for satisfactory delivery of service (Imaging Services, Ultrasound, Patient Care Monitoring Solutions, Customer Care Software), installations, and resolution of issues. In addition, this position works to manage risks and identify growth opportunities (e.g. install base, multi-vendor, IS, PCMS, US) by supporting warranty conversions, assisting with contract renewals, and identifying new opportunities to sell Philips solutions within the account.
- Act as the One Philips, multi-modality (Imaging Systems, Ultrasound, Patient Care Monitoring Solutions) primary point of contact to the customer for Philips service delivery at assigned account(s).
- Manage communications and flow of information; represent Philips across customer departments and organizational levels on a wide range of Philips initiatives and issues
- Displays cultural and political sensitivity as well as the ability to analyze complex situations in order to determine the influences and outcomes of individual decisions and the perception of the ongoing relationship held by the customer.
- Drive timely identification and resolution of customer issues by utilizing technical support and escalation processes; responsible for keeping internal and external stakeholders involved and informed.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and participate in service, sales, project, and contract meetings, and PMG site visits.
- Engage in regular, cross-functional, customer meetings to pro-actively review service delivery, and strategize opportunities for new or improved product and service solutions to meet future customer needs.
- Effectively manage commitments and expectations of both Philips and the customer to ensure customer satisfaction as defined by the business and customer.
- Maintain high quality oral and written communications with internal and external customers
- Define and document best practices for the Customer Services Relationship Manager role to support future business needs
- Drive compliance, efficiency, effectiveness, productivity, and profitability at assigned account(s).
- Coordinate with Region Service Manager(s) to assist in identifying equipment training needs for FSEs assigned to the account based on the customer’s installed base.
- Adhere to Company, State, and Federal policies, procedures, regulations, and requirements.
- Manage and support all operational aspects of Philips service at assigned account. Communicate and coordinate with appropriate internal functions for support.
- Understand and ensure service delivery to contract entitlements, obtaining purchase orders as necessary.
- Assist Product Sales and Service Sales in developing strategies for new business opportunities for the assigned account.
- Support Life Solutions and Value Added Services engagement and participation for assigned customers.
- Partner with Philips financial resources and the customer to facilitate resolution of billing or other outstanding financial concerns.
- Serve as an informal leader to the service team, providing guidance and feedback and fostering a teamwork environment.
- Influence peers and non-team members to meet and exceed customer expectations while promoting Philips Healthcare.
- Prepare schedules with service team to meet service delivery commitments and requirements.
- Participate in CCT meetings to share customer commitments made on behalf of Philips, raise awareness of account issues and gather account feedback from field engineers to share with the customer.
- Partner with the Sales Account Executive, Accounts Managers, SCS (Software Customer Services) Leadership, and Region Service Managers to ensure customer objectives and Philips’ objectives are mutually achieved.
Job Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Requirements:
- Associates Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
- 5-7 years related work experience in healthcare industry or customer service preferred
- Demonstrated experience in successful relationship management with individuals of various backgrounds and organizational levels
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate cross-functionally
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Well-developed business, technical and functional acumen
- Effective customer service, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Effective time management skills with demonstrated ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple assignments/tasks
- Ability to create and maintain project management documentation (MS Project or equivalent)
- Ability to collect, analyze, manage, and present data and information to all levels within the company and at customer sites
- Detail oriented
- Flexible work style and ability to adapt to customer requirements
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Six Sigma or Lean knowledge a plus
- Working knowledge of the Hospital environment and workflows.
- Knowledge of Hospital Imaging and Monitoring Systems (modalities i.e. – XA, US, MR, CT, NM, PCMS etc.).
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Some travel may be required
- May be required to be available 24 × 7 via phone
- Significant time spent in hospital environment; must be able to move about
- Frequent verbal and written communications
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity equipment (i.e. phone, projector)
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
If you are interested in an array of development and growth opportunities to demonstrate your impact both personally and professionally, come create your legacy here…
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top