Customer Services Account Manager, Strategic Services (New York City)
- Topeka, KS
Customer Services Account Manager, Strategic Services (New York City)
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Amaze our Northwell customers by using your strong technical skills in providing the best in class customer service! As part of the Service engineering organization you will contribute to providing the right data, context, and approach which will change the way we do business and make a difference for our customers.
For this position, though you will be home-based, candidates must live near or within commuting distance to Manhattan in New York City, NY.
You are responsible for
Maintaining and foster the Services relationship at all levels within the account including Hospital Executives, Physicians, Clinicians, and Administrative staff. As such, a key aspect of the role is the ability to influence stakeholder groups within the account and Philips. Within the customer account, the Customer Service Account Manager (CSAM) influences and nurtures the strategic relationship by understanding the account's objectives and how to help realize them. Within Philips, the CSAM must influence their network to meet customer needs by getting things done through others without having direct line management.
The CSAM manages cross-functionally related to all activities, relationship, and communications between the customer and Philips for satisfactory delivery of service (IS, UL, PCMS, HISS, CCSC, etc.), implementations, and resolution of issues/escalations. In addition, this position works to manage risks and identify growth opportunities (e.g. install base, multi-vendor, IS, PCMS, UL, etc.) by supporting warranty conversions, assisting with contract renewals, and identifying new opportunities to sell Philips solutions within the account.
Key Areas of Responsibility include:
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Act as the One Philips, multi-modality (IS, UL, PCMS, HISS, etc.) primary point of contact to the customer for Philips service delivery at assigned account(s).
- Manage communications and flow of information; represent Philips across customer departments and organizational levels on a wide range of Philips initiatives and issues
- Displays cultural and political sensitivity as well as the ability to analyze complex situations in order to determine the influences and outcomes of individual decisions and the perception of the ongoing relationship held by the customer.
- Drive timely identification and resolution of customer issues by utilizing technical support and escalation processes; responsible for keeping internal and external stakeholders involved and informed.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and participate in service, sales, project, and contract meetings, and PMG site visits.
- Engage in regular, cross-functional, customer meetings to pro-actively review service delivery, and strategize opportunities for new or improved product and service solutions to meet future customer needs.
- Effectively manage commitments and expectations of both Philips and the customer to ensure customer satisfaction as defined by the business and customer.
- Maintain high quality oral and written communications with internal and external customers.
- Define and document best practices for the Customer Services Relationship Manager role to support future business needs
- Drive compliance, efficiency, effectiveness, productivity, and profitability at assigned account(s).
- Coordinate with Region Service Manager(s) to assist in identifying equipment training needs for FSEs assigned to the account based on the customer's installed base.
- Adhere to Company, State, and Federal policies, procedures, regulations, and requirements.
- Manage and support all operational aspects of Philips service at assigned account. Communicate and coordinate with appropriate internal functions for support.
- Understand and ensure service delivery to contract entitlements, obtaining purchase orders as necessary.
- Assist Product Sales and Service Sales in developing strategies for new business opportunities for the assigned account.
- Support Life Solutions and Value Added Services engagement and participation for assigned customers.
- Partner with Philips financial resources and the customer to facilitate resolution of billing or other outstanding financial concerns
- Serve as an informal leader to the cross-modality service team, providing guidance and feedback and fostering a teamwork environment.
- Influence peers and non-team members to meet and exceed customer expectations while promoting Philips Healthcare.
- Prepare schedules with service team to meet service delivery commitments and requirements.
- Participate in CCT meetings to share customer commitments made on behalf of Philips, raise awareness of account issues and gather account feedback from field engineers to share with the customer.
- Partner with the Sales Account Executive, Accounts Managers, SCS (Software Customer Services) Leadership, and Region Service Managers to ensure customer objectives and Philips' objectives are mutually achieved.
You are a part of
This particular position will work within the Customer Services organization and across all modalities. As hospital environments become more integrated the service organization is looking to expand its ability to install and service complex networks as well and consult with customers on high end integrations.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's/4-year business or clinical degree preferred.
- 10+ years experience in customer facing environments, with demonstrated experience in successful relationship management with individuals of various backgrounds and organizational levels.
- Knowledge of medical device technology and related clinical use models across modalities (Imaging Systems/Ultrasound, Patient Monitoring, Healthcare Informatics).
- Ability to lead and manage diverse, cross-functional teams and individuals that include both Philips and client employees.
- Ability to guide performance improvement initiatives including process redesign activities.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting mechanisms, preferably with direct experience in systems currently used by Philips.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate on operational and financial performance with internal and customer teams.
- Ability to collect, analyze, manage, and present data and information to all levels within the company and at customer sites.
- Proven experience and ability working in matrix organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills
- Ability to manage complex projects across multiple customer working groups.
- Demonstrated operational analytics and financial analysis capabilities.
- Effective customer service, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Six Sigma or Lean knowledge a plus.
- Strong ability to influence others and develop networks, both within the account and within Philips.
- Analyze business intelligence and operational data and perform remote and on-site interviews and observations at the account hospitals to understand customer needs and challenges, and formulate opportunities and continuous improvement action plans.
- Present findings, reports, and recommendations to account stakeholder groups, potentially including administrators and C-level.
- Develop, maintain, and improve Philips-customer relationships and build the credibility and visibility of Philips to key decision makers at the account.
- Provide feedback to various Philips stakeholders regarding account Service delivery needs.
- Manage internal communications to ensure clarity, agreement and efficiency.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with stakeholder groups within the account and Philips.
- Responsible for identifying, escalating, managing and mitigating all program risks and issues.
- Must live near or within commuting distance to Manhattan in New York City, NY
In return, we offer you
We offer you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, which offers you excellent opportunities to further develop and fully exploit your talents. This job comes with a competitive salary, excellent benefits and up-to-date training.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
Back to top