Customer Service Representative
Job TitleCustomer Service Representative
Great innovations start with the people that are passionate and skilled enough to create them. As a diversified health and well-being company, Philips focuses on improving people’s lives through those timely and meaningful innovations.
OUTCOMES: The successful candidate will:
- Respond to a high volume of inbound customer inquiries, complaints and order requests via telephone calls, email, and fax correspondence; facilitate problem resolution; provide information on our products and services; and demonstrate our commitment to customer service by following up on calls and ensuring superior results.
- Respond to customer requests and questions regarding service, products and account information. Analyzes and rectifies customer concerns using established procedures.
- Coordinate with manufacturing, distribution and remote services to ensure order fulfillment.
- Identify, research, and solve non-standard problems through a solid understanding of our business products, processes and procedures.
- Display a commitment to quality by following required procedures and practices; take all appropriate measures to ensure quality; search for opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow simple and complex work instructions, to actively listen to directions and to perform tasks with little additional follow-up or direction.
- Provide back up support to other members of Customer Service.
- Examine trends and initiate improvements in order and inquiry satisfaction.
- Work as a team member to satisfy all customer needs, improve call center performance and achieve department goals.
BEHAVIORS: The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- The ability to perform all accountabilities of Customer Service Representative, including the capital expenditure quotation process and sales team support functions.
- A commitment to building the relationship with customers required to identify and meet/exceed their current needs; and anticipating their future needs.
- Personal accountability for one’s own actions in all situations; holds self to high standard.
- The ability to communicate effectively in a highly competitive environment by conveying information in a business like format, sharing information in an articulate manner and clarifying information to ensure understanding; must be able to multi task and possess good communication skills operating in a sometimes fast paced environment.
- This position calls for a team player with the demonstrated ability to work with others; must also work independently with minimal supervision.
GROWTH: The successful candidate will:
- Define with their manager goals for personal and professional development.
- Take accountability to execute their personal development plan to grow with in current role and to prepare for future roles.
Philips Respironics is the leading provider of innovative solutions for the global sleep and respiratory markets. The Company’s success spans more than three decades and can be traced to a history deeply rooted in ingenuity and a passion to deliver solutions to those in need. This tradition of innovation, combined with an ability to anticipate market needs, is fundamental to the Company. It has made Respironics a name acknowledged worldwide as a pace-setter in the sleep and respiratory markets.
We are currently accepting applications for a highly qualified Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA.
We are looking for
EDUCATION: Associates degree in a business discipline or equivalent work experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE: At least two (2) years of experience in a Customer Service environment or related experience, required. Telephone skills and customer problem resolution experience. Proven ability to solve non-routine product, pricing and shipping issues as they relate to current products and customers highly desired. SAP experience strongly desired. Ability to communicate in a foreign language in a written and verbal capacity is a plus.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: This position is primarily sedentary. It requires fine manipulation and simple grasping to utilize a computer, telephone, fax and other standard office equipment. May occasionally lift and transport items up to 25 lbs. Occasional travel may be required for training and meeting purposes.
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work? Apply Today! Not yet ready to apply? That’s okay! Learn more about us by joining our Talent Network on LinkedIn or following us on Twitter at @PhilipsJobsNA.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top