Customer Service Account Manager (Boston, MA)
Customer Service Account Manager (Boston, MA)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be the account manager responsible for all phases of service communications related to the existing and newly developed contract account commitments to include, including support agreements, consulting offerings, Software Maintenance Agreements, etc. You will be responsible for maintaining the Services relationship at all levels within the account to include interactions with hospital executives, Physicians, Clinicians, and administrative staff.
The Customer Services Account Manager (CSAM) is an individual contributor managing cross-functionally related to all activities, relationship, and communications between the customer and Philips for satisfactory delivery of service (Imaging Services, Ultrasound, Patient Monitoring Solutions, Customer Care Solutions Center, etc.), installations, and resolution of issues. In addition, this position works to manage risks and identify growth opportunities (e.g. install base, multi-vendor, Imaging Systems (IS), Monitoring Analytics & Therapeutic Care (MA&TC), Ultrasound (US), etc.) by supporting warranty conversions, assisting with contract renewals, and identifying new opportunities to sell Philips solutions within the account.
This Boston-based position (both customer-facing and work from home) provides you the ability to use your strong technical, communication, influencing and persuasive skills to provide best in class customer service! As part of the Services & Solutions Delivery (S&SD) organization, you will contribute to providing the right data, context, and approach, changing the way we do business and make a difference for our customers.
You are responsible for (but not limited to)
- Act as the One Philips, multi-modality (Imaging Systems, Ultrasound, and Patient Monitoring Solutions) primary point of contact to the customer for Philips service delivery at assigned account(s).
- Manage communications and flow of information; represent Philips across customer departments and organizational levels on a wide range of Philips initiatives and issues
- Displays cultural and political sensitivity as well as the ability to analyze complex situations in order to determine the influences and outcomes of individual decisions and the perception of the ongoing relationship held by the customer.
- Drive timely identification and resolution of customer issues by utilizing technical support and escalation processes; responsible for keeping internal and external stakeholders involved and informed.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and participate in service, sales, project, and contract meetings, and PMG site visits.
- Engage in regular, cross-functional, customer meetings to pro-actively review service delivery, and strategize opportunities for new or improved product and service solutions to meet future customer needs.
- Effectively manage commitments and expectations of both Philips and the customer to ensure customer satisfaction as defined by the business and customer.
- Maintain high quality oral and written communications with internal and external customers
- Define and document best practices for the Customer Services Relationship Manager role to support future business needs
• Drive compliance, efficiency, effectiveness, productivity, and profitability at assigned account(s).
• Coordinate with Region Service Manager(s) to assist in identifying equipment-training needs for Field Service Engineers (FSEs) assigned to the account based on the customer's installed base.
• Adhere to Company, State, and Federal policies, procedures, regulations, and requirements.
• Manage and support all operational aspects of Philips service at assigned account. Communicate and coordinate with appropriate internal functions for support.
• Understand and ensure service delivery to contract entitlements, obtaining purchase orders as necessary.
• Assist Product Sales and Service Sales in developing strategies for new business opportunities for the assigned account.
• Support Life Solutions and Value Added Services engagement and participation for assigned customers.
• Partner with Philips financial resources and the customer to facilitate resolution of billing or other outstanding financial concerns.
• Serve as an informal leader to the service team, providing guidance and feedback and fostering a teamwork environment.
• Influence peers and non-team members to meet and exceed customer expectations while promoting Philips Healthcare.
• Prepare schedules with service team to meet service delivery commitments and requirements.
• Participate in CCT meetings to share customer commitments made on behalf of Philips, raise awareness of account issues, and gather account feedback from field engineers to share with the customer.
• Partner with the Sales Account Executive, Accounts Managers, SCS (Software Customer Services) Leadership, and Region Service Managers to ensure customer objectives and Philips' objectives are mutually achieved.
You are a part of
Our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2030. Every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating state of the art solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. We enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards, and personalized development planning programs. Our research and business provide unique opportunities to develop cutting-edge clinical solutions and deliver meaningful solutions in the healthcare space.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Minimum, Associates Degree (required); Bachelor's Degree in related field (preferred)
- 5+ years related work experience in healthcare industry or customer service preferred
- Six Sigma or Lean knowledge a plus
- Demonstrated experience in successful relationship management with individuals of various backgrounds and organizational levels
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate cross-functionally
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Well-developed business, technical and functional acumen
- Effective customer service, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Effective time management skills with demonstrated ability to successfully manage and prioritize multiple assignments/tasks
- Skilled in creating and maintaining project management documentation (MS Project or equivalent)
- Ability to collect, analyze, manage, and present data and information to all levels within the company and at customer sites
- Detail-oriented with a flexible work style and ability to adapt to customer requirements
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Working knowledge of the Hospital environment and workflows.
- Broad knowledge of Hospital Imaging and Monitoring Systems (modalities i.e. - XA, US, MR, CT, NM, PCMS, etc.).
And this position are aligned to the Strategic Initiatives & Transformation organization but supports across all modalities. As hospital environments become more integrated, the service organization is looking to expand its ability to implement and service solutions as well and consult with customers on high-end integrations.
In return, we offer you
The ability to collaborate with, learn and grow from colleagues in a highly complex, global organization where you can use your strengths to help drive strategic business initiatives for Philips. Additionally, we provide you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, paired with a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a supportive atmosphere where you can sharpen your talents with new challenges and career opportunities.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top