Customer Care Support Engineer
Job TitleCustomer Care Support Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to focuses on delivering excellent customer care and being there for customers when they need us most. The SW Technical Support engineer engages customers across the globe through our online resources and communities, social outreach, and 1:1 care.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Analyze break/fix issues and work with empathy and sense of urgency to deliver solutions to meet customer/partner needs
- Work through resolution of technical service issues according to standard processes and procedures and specialized understanding of complex product issues
- Ensure all critical cases or highly complex situations are quickly transferred to appropriate senior staff member for immediate attention and proper escalation
- Log all service data required for tracking
- Maintain a high level of technical competence on Philips solutions and related technologies
- May act as subject matter expert on specific product group(s)
- Ensure all customers receive prompt and courteous support enabling the highest possible customer satisfaction
- Share best practices, knowledge and learning with team and the global support community to enhance the quality and efficiency of customer support
- Contribute to the knowledge base and create knowledge base materials
- You will be represents the voice of the consumer and works closely with cross-functional partners across Philips to make our products and policies better. The SW Technical Support engineer is passionate about focusing on the consumer and helping them get the most out of Philips. He\She represents Philips and delights our customers.
- Works directly with customers in the timely and accurate resolution of standard and complex technical support problems, questions and other technical issues
- Perform case resolution on issues that are beyond the level 1 ability to resolve or require changes
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and updating knowledge bases articles with solutions performed.
- May provide support for select large projects with complex configurations that require coordination across technical support, technical consultants, and on-site support teams.
- Work with customers, development teams or level 1 support teams to resolve product issues
- Advise and coach level 1 and/or technical consultants on the identification and resolution of issues or system build or configuration best practices
- Provide world class customer service while performing and documenting this knowledge
- Participate in new product releases and beta cycles to ensure information and training requirements are met to support new products and to improve overall product quality
- As applicable, serve as final point of escalation within Technical Support model, acting as and important interface between the customer and Engineering
- Addresses complex and abstract problems, may be in a concentrated area of expertise, such as networking
- May be involved in service process re-engineering, introduction of new (innovative) technology, or new processes
- Identifies opportunities to enhance service and support
- May support multiple product lines
- Exemplifies leadership qualities with the ability to take decisive action to draw the right people into the discussion to make the right decisions
- Effectively applies skills and knowledge to address and resolve challenges
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams to include Sales, Channel, Support, Engineering, Operations, etc
- Mentors and provides direct feedback to individuals while reporting back to management on progression on customer experience
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Relevant degree in computer science or related technology with 5+ years hands-on experience supporting customers
- 5+ years supporting one or more Philips solution and/or technology required
- Technical certifications preferred
- ITIL Foundation certification preferred
- Demonstrated effectiveness of exhibiting leadership through personal responsibility, accountability and teamwork
- Proven proactive, self-starter with ability to assess complicated scenarios, determine action required, and engage appropriately to resolution
- Proven ability to solve problems systematically and effectively, ensures high customer satisfaction
- Proven ability to write technical articles outlining problems, resolution and troubleshooting steps
- Self-driven, independent, humble and team spirited
- Successfully manages increasingly more complex issues that require seasoned technical skills
- Succeeds in ever widening range of technologies and product suite and complexities
- Exhibits leadership through personal responsibility, accountability and teamwork
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top