Critical Care Platform Product Manager
Critical Care Platform Product Manager
In this role, you have the opportunity to
An opportunity now exists for a Senior Product Manager in our new established Patient Care Analytics (PCA) business unit. This is the pivotal marketing role and drives creation of our Patient Care Analytics Platform (integrated combination of products and services) from idea to market. The Product Manager is accountable for defining, launching and building a profitable patient care platform that hosts various patient care analytics modules (e.g. TeleICU, point for care informatics) which together transform healthcare globally. You work directly with R&D and other marketing functions to ensure the products/solutions are developed to the feature and price specifications that each target market segment demands. The Product Manager owns the product lifecycle from concept phase through development and launch and eventually, end of life. You generate market demand, identify profitable areas of growth and run marketing campaigns. The Product Manager is required to have deep expertise in market segmentation, product strategy, competitive strategy, and product development.
You are responsible for
- Develop and maintain a needs-based customer segmentation for your respective solution across global markets (supported by Market Intelligence)
- Define patient care platform that support growth, product evolution, modular designs
- Drive definition, development and introduction of market specific solutions and value propositions by defining value added services and bundle with informatics products and relevant business models.
- Work across R&D, Services and Operations to develop integrated offerings that meet global customer needs and market specific regulatory standards (e.g. data security and privacy)
- Set value-based price corridors and revenue models
- Co-develop channel strategy for each offering by market (e.g., direct in North America, indirect in emerging markets and online globally)
- Develop business cases for new products and services for consideration in the portfolio management process
- Develop business requirements for new product and enhancements to existing products; work with R&D on functional specifications and feature/function prioritization
- Work with Field Marketing/Market-to-Order to enable the market sales teams (e.g., conduct presentations ahead of new product launch)
- Conduct customer executive presentations, coordinated as part of sales campaigns with priority customers
- Drive overall execution of development and launch of products/solutions in all markets as part of a cross functional business team including BG/BIU Management, Sales, Field Marketing, Operations and Finance
- Own development of global new product/solution training content
- Manage contractual strategic partnerships with third-party integrated solution providers; key strategic customers/KOLs; and as appropriate, complementary solution providers
- Develop and maintain five-year strategic vision for product roadmap (for internal stakeholders and customers)
You are a part of:
Patient Care Analytics - Reports to Head of Product Management
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years in marketing, product development or related field
- Enterprise Informatics/Analytics experience in Health IT, healthcare/med-tech solutions businesses or related software analytics businesses
- Ability to synthesize market and customer feedback into new products for patient analytics solutions; comfortable with making tradeoffs, decisively
- Living and breathing the concepts of minimum viable products and continuous improvement
- Expertise delivering complex projects to meet demanding feature, cost, quality and introduction date targets
- Demonstrable communication skills feeling comfortable both engaging in product design discussions with developers and partner closely with customers to incorporate feedback into the products.
- Software product launch & lifecycle management experience (clinical analytics and health IT experience valuable)
- Expertise in the national healthcare systems and their regulatory requirements.
- Understands the dynamics of SaaS business models / marketing and the dynamics of "installed base" market.
- Proven expertise in technologies that currently dominate Health IT / Analytics, and with the emerging technologies that will serve them in the future
- Ability to influence stakeholder and international/virtual cross-functional teams to take decisions, by using proven domain expertise, business understanding and strong personality.
- Fluent in software product development, including quality and reliability techniques
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Regular International travel (30%) will be required (US, Europe, Asia)
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we're used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top