Critical Care Nurse - Clinical Specialist (Patient Monitoring) – Los Angeles
Job TitleCritical Care Nurse – Clinical Specialist (Patient Monitoring) – Los Angeles
Critical Care Nurse – Clinical Specialist (Patient Monitoring) – Los Angeles
We challenge you to simplify healthcare in this Clinical Specialist role by focusing on the people in the care cycle – patients and care providers. Through combining human insights and clinical expertise, we aim to improve patient outcomes while lowering the burden on the healthcare system. Philips delivers advanced solutions for both health professionals, to meet the needs of patients, and empowered consumers for affordable healthcare whether in hospital or at home.
As a Clinical Specialist with Philips Healthcare, no two days are the same. One day you may be delivering a custom-made educational program at a major teaching hospital, the next you could be supporting a go live in a clinical unit when they first put their patients on the Philips monitors. You will customize the configurations of the monitors to match the clinical work flows in the units.
We are continually looking for talented Critical Care Nurses who want to build their professional careers in Medical Systems Applications within Patient Monitoring. Based in the field, you will travel to hospital sites throughout your allocated territory, representing your chosen business line in post-sales delivery of educational programs.
You will operate remotely, independently, and be self -motivated while working under the Sr. Manager, Field Clinical Applications with minimal supervision.
As a Clinical Specialist for Patient Monitoring, you will serve as a clinical liaison to patient monitoring customers in the Southern California territory; Ideal candidate to be based in Los Angeles/Orange County area. Focus on the clinical configuration and education needs of patient monitoring customers in various departments: critical care, OR, ED, PACU, telemetry. Work closely with the Field Service organization, sales, and project managers during multiple phases of the implementation & go live processes. Assess customer’s configuration requirements and education needs; plan and deliver equipment and application education; apply product and clinical knowledge to troubleshoot and solve problems. Support customers in the use and growth of their systems. Establish and maintain strong working relationships with key internal partners and customers; enable the success of the installation team.
- Develops and executes an instruction program for the users, in order to maximize the independency of the user with regard to the operation of the system and choice of functions.
- Customizes the system to the specific wishes of the users, in close contact with project management and account management, in order to maximize the performance for each specific user.
- Takes care of implementation of trial installations (in cooperation with service), in order to get it working and to get the maximum information for evaluation by the product group.
- Monitors the use of each system, by regular contact with the users, in order to solve problems regarding the operation of the system or to adapt the system to changed user wishes.
- Takes care of demonstrations and presentations, where required, to stimulate the sales of the assigned equipment.
- Keeps in close contact with the product group, in order to increase/maintain the application knowledge and be timely informed about new developments. Participates in the development of new functionality or the development of improved system settings.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or equivalent (RN); current nursing license.
- In-depth knowledge of Adult critical care environment. (three to five years).
- Clinical teaching/in servicing experience.
- Willingness to travel overnight 50% of the time (depending on your location).
- Advanced computer skills and understanding.
- Ability to work in ever-changing environments.
- Flexibility and tolerance of ambiguity.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Average driving is 1 to 4 hours daily.
- Lift parts or carries parts weighing a few ounces to over 25 lbs.
- Frequently bends, stoops, twists, turns, and works in unusual positions using full body mobility.
- May be required to be available 24 × 7 via phone.
- Potential exposure to hazardous physical, chemical, and biological agents.
- Ability to be managed remotely.
- Within 1 hour of a major airport.
This position will require you to meet all customer specific mandates such as vaccinations and or screening tests.
Do you want the opportunity to take your career to the next level in a global organization backed by a stable 120 year legacy of innovation? Here, you’ll go as far and as wide as you aspire. We make sure of it through support of a formal development planning process, as well as countless opportunities to expand your knowledge and skill set through resources such as the [email protected] program, tuition reimbursement and/or mentor relationships.
Take the next step in your career and apply online. Critical Care Nurse – Clinical Specialist (Patient Monitoring) – Los Angeles Job ID: 220740.
- Philips Careers Website
Not yet ready to apply? That’s okay! Learn more about us by joining our Talent Network on LinkedIn or following us on Twitter at @PhilipsJobsNA.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of technical difficulties with your job application, such as login issues or a need to reset your password, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top