Critical Care Nurse - Clinical Specialist (Patient Monitoring) – Chicago, IL
Job TitleCritical Care Nurse - Clinical Specialist (Patient Monitoring) – Chicago, IL
In this role, you have the opportunity to
…Impact the use, adoption and optimization of patient monitoring solutions at numerous Philips customer sites. As a Clinical Specialist with Philips Healthcare, no two days are the same. One day you may be delivering a custom-made educational program at a major teaching hospital, the next you could be supporting a go-live in a clinical unit when they first put their patients on the Philips monitors. You will customize the configurations of the Philips patient monitoring systems to support the clinical work flows in the customer's units and help optimize the use of new technologies. You are critical to the successful planning and implementation of significant improvement projects.
You are responsible for
- Serve as a clinical resource to patient monitoring customers in the Chicago area
- Expected travel to all states in the Midwest zone: Illinois, Eastern Missouri, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin
- Work closely with the Philips Field Service organization, sales, and project managers during multiple phases of the implementation and go-live processes
- Understand customer's goals for their Philips solution; develop plans to support solution implementation and use from a clinical perspective
- Manage the clinical aspects of an implementation including: assessing workflows, creating education plans, determining custom configurations, supporting first customer use, encouraging ongoing adoption of change, and optimizing use of complex monitoring solutions
- Assess customer's configuration requirements and education needs; plan and deliver equipment and application education
- Focus on the clinical configuration and education needs of patient monitoring customers in various departments: critical care, emergency department, peri-operative units, telemetry, NICU/PICU, and general care
- Understand clinical implications of technical implementations including networks and clinical informatics systems
- Deliver clinical services to customers that are consultative, advanced, and focused on workflows and clinical optimization
- Apply product and clinical knowledge to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Support customers in the use and optimization of their systems
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with key internal partners and customers; enable the success of the implementation team
You are a part of
An organization passionate about patients and the care providers interacting with them. Based in the field, you will travel to hospital sites throughout your allocated territory and Zone, representing patient monitoring in post-sales delivery of clinical services. You will operate remotely, independently, and be self-motivated while working under the Senior Manager, Field Clinical Applications with minimal supervision. Our teams of professionals work collaboratively together with our customers and internal partners to ensure an outstanding customer experience and to encourage positive clinical outcomes.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or equivalent (RN); current nursing license
- 4 + years in-depth knowledge of the critical care environment
- Clinical teaching/in-servicing experience
- Skills with EMR's and networked clinical systems
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Project management skills and experience
- High comfort level with technology and nursing informatics concepts
- Advanced computer skills and understanding
- Ability to be managed remotely
- Ability to work in ever-changing environments
- Flexibility and tolerance of ambiguity
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Willingness to travel overnight 75% of the time
- Within 1 hour of a major airport
- Must possess a valid Driver's License
- Average driving is 1 to 4 hours daily
- English as a primary language
- Lift parts or carries parts weighing a few ounces to over 25 lbs.
- Frequently bends, stoops, twists, turns, and works in unusual positions using full body mobility
- May be required to be available 24 x 7 via phone or text
- Potential exposure to hazardous physical, chemical, and biological agents
- This position will require you to meet all customer specific mandates such as vaccinations and or screening tests
In return, we offer you
This role will challenge you differently as a nurse—spending time in various units throughout a health system focusing on how customers use their monitoring systems to deliver patient care. We are continually looking for talented Critical Care Nurses who want to take their professional clinical careers in a new direction towards medical systems applications and clinical project management within Patient Monitoring. Philips' dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Call to Action / Contact
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top