Job TitleCost Engineer
Industrial Cost Engineer, Philips Oral Healthcare:
As the Industrial Cost Engineer, you will be responsible for accurately calculating and tracking product costs for all new projects to deliver products at expected cost levels. You will also lead cost reduction initiatives on existing products to keep the business competitive. This role is critical to portfolio decision making and your work will support Project Management, Finance, Marketing and Innovation & Development.
This role reports to the Head of Project Management and will directly interface with a team of 15+ Project Managers within the Power Toothbrush, Oral Hygiene, and Whitening Sub Businesses. You will also frequently work with other functions within the Oral Healthcare business and be expected to team up with similar roles to yours at other sites.
- Estimate and track the product cost and investments in NPI projects.
- Execute and contribute to decision making with product cost calculations.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities in projects and in running production.
- Lead, initiate or contribute to Value Engineering and Design for Excellence (DfX).
- Educate cross functional stakeholders to support cost engineering.
- Contribute to functional continuous improvement plan.
- Ensure that the product costs and investments are properly reflected in business plans.
- Ensure that applicable documents/deliverables are created and delivered according to Quality Management System (QMS) requirements.
- Ensure that output is timely and aligned with other functions.
- Project Core Team members are expected to make approval/reject recommendations with respect to own functional area for milestone gates.
- Escalate when trade-offs are perceived not acceptable for the function.
- Review or approve functional documents/deliverables according to QMS requirements.
We are looking for:
A senior cost engineer with several years of experience with cost accounting and continuous improvement. Candidate should be able to give concrete examples of cost reductions performed in earlier roles. Must have excellent communications skills and be able to lead cross functional project teams to meet business savings targets. Preferred candidate has experience in a consumer medical devices industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably with finance and continuous improvement experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience and expertise with cost engineering in a technical environment.
- Superb knowledge in Excel and other MS office applications
- Experience with clean sheet / should cost calculations
- Ability to manage time, be organized, and work with minimal supervision.
- Service minded
- Detail oriented and striving for perfection; quality mindset.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex priorities within demanding timeframes with attention to detail.
- Able to work cross-functionally with diverse teams on various topics.
- Knowledge of and ability to work within a global corporate environment is required. Highly collaborative.
- Excellent documentation skills including proofreading to ensure accuracy of content.
- Strong communication and presentation skills (listening, written, and verbal) in English.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of an organization effectively.
Philips Oral Healthcare creates meaningful innovations that improve people’s lives; our Sonicare and Discus products help provide better health and more beautiful smiles across the globe. We are a mature and dynamic organization that is rapidly growing and needs strong leaders to achieve our growth ambitions.
Location will be Bothell (Washington state), near Seattle. The expected travel time- domestic and international- to internal and external locations this job is around 10%
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top