Co-op – Software Engineer
- Cambridge, MA
Are you interested in a Co-op opportunity with Philips? We welcome individuals who are currently pursuing an undergraduate (BS) and/or graduate (MS) degree to participate in a 6-month, paid opportunity at our Cambridge office. Through this role, you will gain meaningful, hands-on experience working for a Health-Tech company.
You will be a part of
A team of 50+ engineers for a $200 million product, PIIC iX, that was built from scratch using MS and Web technologies (C#, Visual Studio, SQL Server, Angular) and work with the Architect; this product connects thousands of Patient Monitors within the walls of thousands of the largest hospitals across the world. Our software displays, analyzes, stores, and integrates acquired patient physiological data across dozens of hospitals systems.
- Develop applications and components within a highly motivated software development team focused on the creation of Patient Monitoring systems -and applications.
- Learn and contribute to solving problems with our highly experienced software development consultants
- Work with others in an environment that encourages new ideas and innovations.
- Build scalable, secure, on-prem components and services.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program majoring in Computer Science.
- Possess solid understanding of object oriented software development concepts and methodologies.
- Motivated to learn and put knowledge to work.
- Experience with PC or Mac development using the latest Apple, Google and Microsoft technologies.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to produce high quality work independently.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
In return, we offer you
Ability to sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223Call: 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Back to top