Job TitleContracts Support
We welcome you to join Philips as an experienced Contracts Specialist in Bothell, WA!
The Contract Specialist manages company quoting and proposal development for larger agreements within customer services. They analyze contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, corporate policies and business unit procedures. The individual acts in liaison with the services business in creating internal purchase orders commensurate with skills and grade level. The Specialist is responsible for communications on contract policy and practice to the internal business teams. The position requires attention to detail ensuring that contract review, approval and execution in accordance with corporate and/or business. The individual prepares and will manage increasingly competing priorities and deadlines. Ability to handle multiple tasks and work well with others. Effectively interfaces with internal functions and provides outstanding support to our customers. Ability to drive forecasted sales opportunities with Sales by preparing key analytic data to develop and design deal solutions and contribute towards the overall sales strategy to best meet customer’s needs and expectations throughout the life of the agreement.
Possess extensive knowledge and understanding of Customer Services portfolio with ability to consult and develop standard and non-standard offerings that can be operationalized in our ERP systems for the Customer. Knowledge of cross functional processes and the quality impact throughout the value chain.
Manage the development, design and creation of service proposals, bid solutions and quotes (Customer Facing Documents). Utilize critical thinking to analyze complex contract requirements, special provisions, pricing, internal approvals, and terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, corporate policies and business unit procedures. Evaluate risk, accuracy, and completeness to provide for proper contract. Maintain winning Partnership with Sales and other internal teams to ensure continuous alignment towards joint goals and objectives, to maximize the value provided to our Customers. Develop yourself, find new ways to positively affect the team, the customer, and the business. The ideal candidate is a strong independent contributor, is proactive, presents leadership skills, demonstrates good analytical and problem solving skills, is detail-oriented and is skilled in supporting a high-volume sales team.
- Bachelors degree in business or related field, highly desirable or equivalent experience
- At least two to four years’ experience in sales support within a customer service environment and or proposal development, highly desirable
- Passion for customer and operational excellence
- Excellent and concise oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with positive behaviors required
- General math skills and business acumen required.
Basic knowledge of accounting principles desirable.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, adapt to constant change, ability to move between different tasks quickly.
- Strong organizational skills and aptitude for detail. Skill in prioritizing and reprioritization of tasks required.
- Ability to use good judgment and make confident decisions under defined policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Philips Healthcare products and industry standards desirable
- Ability to work under minimal supervision on day-to-day activities, maintaining a high degree of integrity
- Work well within a team environment to accomplish departmental goals
- Knowledge of lean/Kaizen methodology desirable
- Proficient skills in MS Windows and Office (Word and Excel skills required)
- Working knowledge of SAP and Sales Force desired
- Ability to type 50 words per minute accurately and skill in performing 10-key data entry by touch
- Acts as a team player to achieve departmental goals
- Open to change, new processes and eager to take on new tasks/responsibilities
- Develops and shares best practices
- Uses effective communication and listening skills
- Ability to self-manage work load and exercise good judgment
This Contracts Support role will give you the opportunity to take your career to the next level in a world leading organization that is backed by a stable 120 year legacy of innovation. Here, you’ll go as far and as wide as you aspire. We make sure of it through support of a formal development planning process, as well as countless opportunities to expand your knowledge and skill set through resources such as the [email protected] program, tuition reimbursement and/or mentor relationships.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top