Job TitleContracts Specialist
We welcome you to join Philips as an experienced Contracts Specialist, reporting to the Manager, Pricing & Contracts in Alpharetta, GA.
Provide review, analysis, guidance and approval of commercial contracts and sales agreements for US based customers. Under general supervision, independently draft, redline and negotiate substantive legal and commercial terms of capital, software and maintenance agreements. Assist in day-to-day management of data for product pricing, contracts, and related analysis for US Sales.
- Receive, review and return standardized inbound contract proposals from US based sales team for healthcare customers to ensure financial and legal compliance per company policy. Identify requirements of contracts and amendments. Author daily custom contracts and terms and conditions of sale. Work with internal and external stakeholders to determine need and scope of potential contracts. Obtain approvals in accordance with stipulations in the contract and with company policies. Maintain tracking of contract versions and organize related information per company policies.
- Act as a liaison between Sales Operations, Finance, Legal and Customer Service departments to ensure proper treatment of sales transactions.
- Assist in managing and monitoring contract compliance among US customers.
- Monitor forecasts for US Sales and assist in building forecast projections.
- Assist with monthly analysis processes such as system placement, demand plan and success to plan by US region.
- Bachelor of Business Administration or Bachelor and Paralegal Certificate
- 4-6 years business experience including contract and proposal development with writing focus, agreement analysis and direct negotiation experience. Experience in supporting and negotiating sales transactions.
- 3-5 years practical experience reviewing, redlining and negotiating substantive external customer facing legal and commercial contract terms within established profiles both in writing and telephonically.
- 1-2 years sales support experience.
- Experience and understanding of GAAP revenue recognition guidelines of capital hardware, software and extended service sales agreements.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Work experience in business law highly preferred
- Working knowledge of healthcare systems such as Integrated Delivery Networks (IDN) and Group Purchasing Organizations (GPO)
- Work experience in medical device or pharmaceutical company preferred
- Experience with Salesforce.com Sales Cloud CRM
- Requires exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group of colleagues with varying levels of authority
- Works well without supervision
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to change focus and adapt to new demands quickly
- Works well under pressure and responds to quickly to urgent needs
- Ability to makes quick and reasoned business and risk decisions during high demand periods (quarter, year-end)
This Contracts Specialist will give you the opportunity to take your career to the next level in a global organization that is backed by a stable 120 year legacy of innovation. Here, you’ll go as far and as wide as you aspire. We make sure of it through support of a formal development planning process, as well as countless opportunities to expand your knowledge and skill set through resources such as the [email protected] program, tuition reimbursement and/or mentor relationships.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top