Contract Operations-Government Proposal/Contract Specialist
Contract Operations-Government Proposal/Contract Specialist
Contract Operations - Government Proposal/Contract Specialist
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Possess extensive knowledge and understanding of the Customer Services business and portfolio offerings; manage/consult proposal development; review proposals for compliance prior to order acceptance, create and operationalize order in the ERP system and manage service contracts throughout the lifecycle of the agreement.
This role reports into the Customer Fulfillment Center, located in our Nashville, TN location. Be the first to help start up our brand new location in Nashville and join the Contract Operations team.
You are responsible for (but not limited to)
- Develop, design and create service proposals and bid solutions
- Coordinate and administer all phases of service contract management, including but not limited to:
- Performing contract review, for compliance, to ensure all applicable policy criteria have been satisfied
- Analyzing and limit business risks
- Ensuring accuracy and operationalization of customer deliverables, in accordance with corporate policies
- Creating customized, timely and accurate invoicing per terms of service contract
- Confirming a valid path to cash
- Ensuring revenue recognition is in line with finance requirements
- Managing warranty creation process and all warranty related requests
- Act as point of contact for other team members and internal and external customers
- Possess extensive knowledge in departmental systems and tools
- Utilize critical thinking to analyze complex contract requirements, special provisions, pricing, internal approvals, and terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations and corporate policies
- Creatively consult with Sales on alternative options and provide guidance of requirements
- Communicate contract policies and practices to the internal business partners
- Create and maintain departmental procedures
- Attention to detail ensuring that contract review, approval and execution are in accordance with corporate policies
- In-depth knowledge of cross functional processes and quality impact throughout the value chain
- Proven ability to work with business partners; streamlining processes and creating cross-functional partnerships
- Manage increasingly competing priorities and deadlines, providing outstanding support to our internal partners and external customers
- Proactively support teammates with workload volume as bandwidth allows
- Evaluate risk, accuracy, and completeness of the solution to ensure proper contract entitlement
- Maintain a winning partnership with Sales and other internal teams to ensure continuous alignment with joint goals and objectives
- Explore growth opportunities with Sales to assist in delivering superior customer value through the service contract process
- Seek out opportunities to challenge yourself and others; finding new ways to positively affect the team, the customer, and the business
- Participate in or lead project development and execution for continuous improvement
- Display role model behavior; Train and coach others as opportunities arise
- Assist with fiscal close reports and procedures
- Research and resolve customer billing disputes, escalating as needed
- Support other business functions to achieve shared business objectives
- Escalate items as needed to management, partnering to drive solutions
You are a part of a team
The ideal candidate is a strong independent contributor that works well in a team environment. The candidate is also proactive, has strong leadership, demonstrates excellent analytical and problem solving skills, is detail-oriented and has experience in supporting a high-volume sales team.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field preferred, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience in sales support within a customer service and or proposal development environment
- Passion for customer experience, operational excellence and continuous development
- Eager to take on new tasks/responsibilities; develops and shares best practices
- Excellent and concise oral and written communication skills, including active listening
- Strong interpersonal skills, with positive attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, advocating change
- Strong organizational skills and aptitude for detail
- Proven ability to use good judgment and make confident decisions under defined policies and procedures
- Extensive knowledge of Philips Healthcare products and industry standards
- Ability to work under minimal supervision on day-to-day activities, maintaining a high degree of integrity
- Practitioner of continuous improvement methodologies
- Overtime as required to meet business demands
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Intermediate math skills and business acumen
- In-depth knowledge of SAP and Salesforce.com
- Proficient typing and 10-key data entry by touch
In return, we offer you
We offer you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, which offers you excellent opportunities to further develop and fully exploit your talents. This job comes with a competitive salary, excellent benefits and up-to-date training.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, and protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223 , option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top