Continuous Improvement Manager – New Services
Job TitleContinuous Improvement Manager – New Services
The Continuous Improvement Manager is a key point of contact between client customers and Philips, with the aim of creating a lasting partnership around improving the performance of a hospital department (e.g. Radiology, Cardiology) practices.
Being experienced with continuous improvement and hospital department operations, the Continuous Improvement Manager works directly with the customer in an ongoing relationship, translating data into insights and concrete actions to enable better department results. The Continuous Improvement Manager uses a combination dashboards and analytics engines and Lean/Six Sigma methods and tools to facilitate a continuous improvement cycle (data – insights – suggestions – dialogue – actions – progress – monitoring).
Customer & Quality
- Develop, maintain, and improve Philips-customer relationships and build the credibility and visibility of Philips to key decision makers across a portfolio of customer sites
- Support customers with continuous improvement using one or more service offerings from Philips
- Occasionally perform on-site observations and interview at client radiology departments and hospitals to understand customer needs and challenges and formulate improvement plans
- Have overall knowledge of products and services and be the linking pin to specialists where required
- Present findings, reports, and recommendations to customers, including RBMs, administrators, and potentially CXO level
- Perform live and remote training to customers as part of on-going product lifecycle (updates, upgrades)
- Perform live and remote training to customers on data interpretation as related to continuous improvement
- Manage multiple clients simultaneously while maintaining close relationships with clients
- Manage the initial service delivery implementation
- Support customers in the use of business intelligence and analytics tooling, including interpretation of results (set up and maintenance customer KPIs, alerts, and dashboard views)
- Enable the customer to determine the ideal journey to establish continuous improvement and meet the department growth goals
- Monitor outputs closely and be prepared to change course of journey if found necessary
- Work closely with experts to ensure all enhancement activities are sustainable and achieved efficiently
- Respond to data-driven alerts, analyze related data (working together with Data Analysts and Subject Matter Experts), and suggest an action plan to be considered
- Perform root-cause analysis related to operational concerns at customer site
- Provide feedback to Philips stakeholders regarding customer needs, including to Marketing and sales
- Work together with the back office and experts from the businesses for support
- Provide feedback to the back office to enable improving the system
Key performance indicators
- Net promoter score and customer engagement level
- Measureable contributions to internal knowledge and capability building
This role will be a part of the global Customer Services Development team and is based in Andover, MA.
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry leading in image guided interventions, ultrasound, patient monitoring, cardiology informatics, sleep therapy and respiratory care.
Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- MS in business or technical field and at least 2 years in an operational consulting or radiology administration or operations role. Other applicable prior roles may include clinical education, clinical or business analyst, modality manager, quality improvement manager, process improvement manager, or the equivalent at a healthcare provider.
- Service oriented mindset (customer focused and experienced in customer interaction) is a must.
- Customer & Quality:
- Can gain expert knowledge of product functionality at a level sufficient to train others in basic use, advanced functionality, and best practices
- Technology – familiar with the role (what data they provide), advantages, and limitations (where the data is reliable or not reliable, possible blind spots in the data) of imaging and healthcare IT systems
- Operations: recognizes key performance indicators and their relevance to a radiology department, understand how these can be measured (link to systems) and limitations in those measurements, and the (people, process, system) factors that impact those KPIs
- Organizations: fluency with typical roles and interactions within a radiology department and hospital; understand roles as linked to KPIs
- Can gain broad knowledge about Philips products and services at a level sufficient to identify what Philips offerings may address customer needs and to make the connection between customer and Philips
- Operational Experience and strong Operational Improvement Drive
- Understands key continuous improvement methods (Lean, Six Sigma): when, why, and how to deploy, and can effectively communicate with both stakeholders and continuous improvement experts. Knowledge gained through direct experience, training, or participation in improvement projects.
- Can execute structured root cause analysis, critical thinking, and problem solving methodologies (supported by tools and procedures) and explain the process and results to stakeholders.
- Ability to interpret data and trends, use of Business Intelligence type tooling, including working knowledge of statistics (understanding of terminology and significance), data visualization techniques (what visualization approach to use)
- Project management: able to track and manage multiple clients simultaneously, and prioritize activities based on clinical and commercial variables
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience in stakeholder management, with sensitivity to complex organizational structures, varying cultures, and potentially conflicting goals. Comfort working with both internal and external customers.
- Willingness to travel up to 25 %.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top