Consumer Experience Researcher
Consumer Experience Researcher
In this role, you have the opportunity
To represent the voice of the consumer throughout the product development process, to ensure that Philips innovations make a meaningful difference to consumers' lives. Based on deep consumer insights, you translate consumer needs into innovations that delight consumers, working closely together with Marketing and Development teams. This particular position is in the Oral Healthcare Department of Philips, otherwise known for the Philips Sonicare and Philips Zoom Brands.
You are responsible for
- As a consumer experience researcher, you will work to infuse the voice of consumer into all aspect of product development from value proposition development to product launch.
- You work as a business partner to scope the project definition and objective particularly concerning Insights, Benefits, RTBs and Claims Areas.
- You collaborate with Consumer Marketing and Market Intelligence to translate the general needs of market segments into consumer insights and you lead the validation during development to ensure the product will be successful in eyes of consumers globally.
- You contribute to the definition of product experience based on in-depth understanding of these consumer needs.
- You translate sharply defined insights into clear technical product deliverables - going beyond reliance on pure data and information toward a pragmatic / sensing approach in expressing consumer needs.
- You validate whether the end product meets the consumer needs and insight and check that these are executed according to regulatory (FDA) guidelines.
Philips Oral Healthcare is part of Innovation & Development (I&D) of Consumer Lifestyle. It focuses on the development of medical and non-medical lifestyle products. It is responsible for the development and realization of new product propositions. Philips Oral Healthcare is looking at a very challenging growth task to bring more new ideas, and increasingly digital innovations, services, connected products to the global market.
A key department in this site is the "Product Research Center (PRC)". The PRC represents the Voice of the Consumer in our Innovation & Development activities. It drives the translation of powerful insights into products and services that delight consumers better than competition and live up to Philips' brand promise of Innovation & You. The influence of PRC spans from Insight generation / concept development to market launch and forms a main link between I&D (Innovation and Development) and the marketing. You will work in a team of researchers as well as a cross-functional agile development team to develop software app requirements, design and functionality.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree (in Human Technology Interaction, User Experience Design, Industrial Design Engineering or other relevant degrees)
- OR Master degree (in Social Sciences or Market Research or other relevant degrees) AND relevant experience in Technology businesses as part of a product development team
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Consumer Research and/or Marketing, in developing consumer medical devices.
- Must have a strong understanding of US regulations as it relates to human research in medical device medical products.
- A proven record of accomplishment in UX (User Experience) research and usability testing of technology innovations and services. You have experience applying a range of research methods, tools and processes and know the ins and outs of each.
- Technical understanding combined with consumer mindset to be able to see the link between technology and consumers.
- Experience in consumer research methodologies and sound understanding of the underlying statistics.
- In-depth understanding of the drivers of 'consumer delight' to support the development of the sub-category roadmaps (required)
- Courageous and critical thinker, able to continuously challenge the status quo, with a strong desire to improve organizational effectiveness structurally
- Open to travel for the job (less than 10%)
In return, we offer you
As a Consumer Experience Researcher, you will be responsible for identifying the most attractive market opportunities for Philips to pursue and provide key support in the evaluation of new product and business opportunities globally. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top