Consultant, Philips Blue Jay Consulting (National)
Job TitleConsultant, Philips Blue Jay Consulting (National)
Philips Blue Jay Consulting is committed to providing meaningful innovations that improve the quality of care, enhance patients' lives and enable the delivery of better outcomes at lower cost.
Philips Blue Jay Consulting
Designed to leverage our deep capabilities, assets and positions, Philips Blue Jay Consulting extends our value to the global healthcare community, to become a trusted advisor and partner of choice; to transform healthcare delivery by tackling the most challenging clinical and business issues across the continuum of care. Our promise to our customers will be grounded in our legacy of innovation and lead from our clinical strengths.
Philips Blue Jay Consulting specializes in organizational and emergency department throughput and performance optimization implementation. We assist organizations who require implementation assistance in order to achieve sustainable results. Our firm excels in results-oriented solution implementations. Our philosophy is centered on employee and leadership involvement in performance optimization. Many organizations have barriers to optimal performance, impeding patient and process flow. These barriers manifest themselves in workarounds, unnecessary tasks and steps, inadequate supplies and equipment and untrained or unavailable staff. At times, Philips Blue Jay Consultants provide interim leadership to our clients.
Using the same IMPROVE methodology used to improve ED throughput, Blue Jay Consulting helps organizations improve acute care bed capacity by improving the bed control process, improving access, creating a "pull" culture, improving the discharge process and refocusing appropriate resources. These system changes result in additional bed capacity, streamlined processes and improved patient satisfaction.
This position is a professional, customer facing, consultative role where you must be able to engage in empathetic and compelling ways with hospital staff and management up to the executive level. You will help to identify, plan and implement strategic and operational change. You will be part of a new global team.
As a Consultant with Philips Blue Jay Consulting, you will have significant responsibility for managing project work streams, analysis of client operations, client management, solution design and implementation, and generation of project deliverables. You will provide subject matter expertise for Healthcare Provider clients and be part of a collaborative cross-solution project team. Consultants will be responsible for working with client staff to maintain the appropriate support and momentum. You will also be responsible for mentoring analysts on the project team and helping them develop by providing necessary direction.
We are seeking a Consultant who possesses a track record of successfully integrating into high performance, interdisciplinary teams to meet project milestones and achieve measurable performance outcomes. We are seeking a professional with experience utilizing complex analytical tools and business acumen to identify and track trends in data (along with identifying associated improvement opportunities) for our healthcare provider client.
- The Consultant will spend 80% of the time customer facing, 20% of the time on required analytics and other supporting tasks as outlined below
- Depending on the assignment, the consultant performs the day to day activities of operational leadership or project management including interaction with client personnel and Philips team members
- Apply qualitative and quantitative skills to various client situations
- Develop strategic working relationships with client counterparts, both at a departmental level and with members of the C-suite
- Partner with other Philips Associates and Managers to implement process changes and oversee creation of deliverables
- Maintain detailed work-paper records of assumptions, methodologies, and information sources employed during the performance of all analytical tasks
- Influence key stakeholders to implement processes and/or drive organizational change
- Development of staff by serving as a performance coach and providing on-going feedback and coaching to project team members
- Active role in educating and coaching internal resources in area(s) of subject matter expertise
- Actively support methodology development in area of expertise
- Deliver against task on time
- Deliver on budget with their portion of the project
- Assist with five other business proposals
- Present at least three new business proposals per year
- Committed to continued learning by developing competency in at least one new service offering
- Master's degree in healthcare related field or business, (i.e. management, finance, accounting, economics, etc.) strongly preferred and progressive leadership experience, at a manager or director level, in emergency services required.
- Active, unencumbered license as a registered nurse; specialty certification preferred
- Experience working within healthcare on the provider side and/or broader professional services consulting experience preferred.
- Experience supervising or mentoring co-workers, and ability to coach and mentor staff.
- Ability to actively manage and deliver on client expectations around project activities, timelines, deliverables, outcomes, etc.
- Ability to provide targeted communication, both verbal and written, to internal and external constituents
- Proven analytical and process redesign skills, including problem solving, quantitative reasoning, workflow process, etc.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of professionals and personalities in a team environment
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Must be willing to travel weekly, typically out of town a minimum of four days/week (i.e., at least 80%)
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips' dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what's next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top