Compliance Officer Africa
Job TitleCompliance Officer Africa
Compliance Officer Africa
You are a part of the
Philips Africa is a country cluster (Market) of 54 countries organized in five Districts, Southern Africa, East Africa, West Africa, Egypt and Maghreb (with its legal entities in each of these districts).
For the Africa Market we are currently looking for a talented and experienced Africa Compliance Officer to ensure compliance with local laws and regulations within Africa, as well as with international laws, like but not limited to Anti-Competition and Anti-Corruption laws (e.g. the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act), to implement and enforce compliance programs, policies and procedures, to support and conduct investigations as well as to provide guidance and trainings on different compliance matters, with the goal to protect Philips and preserve Philips' integrity.
The ideal candidate has at least ten (10) years of relevant experience in an international environment, with either an international operating company or international law firm. She/ He has high ethical standards, excellent communication and presentation skills (with the ability to electrify people), an open-minded approach, a hands-on mentality and is equipped with the right set of legal skills. The Africa Compliance Officer will be located in Johannesburg, South Africa working closely together and reporting to the Head of Legal Affairs, Africa Market.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
- Plays a key role in safeguarding compliance with Philips General Business Principles and corresponding policies, laws & regulations (including e.g. Anti-Corruption, Anti-Competition, Data Privacy and Export Control matters)
- Conducts legal compliance risk assessments to identify potential areas of improvement and develops/ implements mitigation strategies as e.g. customized compliance programs, policies, processes and other corrective actions.
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of compliance programs and related activities, evolves best practices in compliance controls and takes appropriate steps to improve effectiveness and to optimize and simplify processes continuously.
- Keeps abreast of compliance and regulatory developments within Philips and within Africa.
- Counsels and performs trainings to employees, including new employees, to ensure the right awareness and knowledge.
- Institutes and maintains an effective compliance communication program.
- Closely cooperates with the Africa, the Market and the Global Legal Department, including the Global Compliance Department, as well as collaborates with any other departments (e.g. Risk Management, Internal Audit, HR, Procurement etc.) as appropriate.
- Reports and manages allegations as well as supports and conducts investigations, including the implementation and enforcement of possible recommendations in due time.
- Prepares necessary reports, statistics and presentations as requested.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- An admitted attorney
- Bachelor's degree in Law, LLB
- Candidate must have expert knowledge of Anti-Competition laws, Data Privacy laws as well as of the US FCPA, UK Bribery Act and the OECD convention on combating bribery and other applicable anti-bribery laws, regulations and standards.
- Relevant experience in safeguarding compliance (either in an international company or via an internal law firm), including translation of corporate requirements into local practice, conducting investigations, assessing risk and developing mitigation strategies, providing trainings, developing compliance programs as well as drafting policies and procedures, of
- More than ten (10) years, whereas proven experience in the field of Healthcare Compliance is an advantage.
- Certified Compliance Professional is a plus.
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top