Job TitleCompliance Manager
In this role, you have the opportunity to
This position is a great opportunity to help shape and direct the Compliance Program of a medical device manufacturer within a large home healthcare business of Philips North America. This position will support the Compliance Officer to Philips' Sleep and Respiratory Care business (Philips Respironics). This business provides respiratory therapy devices and solutions to patients.
You are responsible for
The Compliance Manager will develop and lead processes to ensure the business unit meets Federal and State regulatory requirements, including anti-kickback, licensing and billing requirements. The Compliance Manager will be responsible for investigating and monitoring areas of risk and developing policies, procedures, and tools to ensure compliance with Philips Respironics ethics and compliance program and applicable federal and state law. The Compliance Manager will provide recommendations and advice to the Compliance Officer on matters affecting the business unit's compliance program and identify risk areas and manage projects to mitigate or address them. The Compliance Manager will be the main contact and advisor to the business unit on all healthcare compliance matters applicable to the operations of the business unit.
The Compliance Manager will work with the Philips Respironics Compliance Officer, the Philips Compliance Officer, and Group Legal Compliance to support Market or Group compliance initiatives and programs, and provide feedback and input into future initiatives and programs impacting all of Philips. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Developing and implementing processes to assist the business in complying with all anti-kickback, Stark Law, state licensing requirements, clinical and other healthcare provider contracts.
- Support and advise the business to reduce risk of non-compliance
- Develop dashboards and tools to monitor core elements of the compliance program, including investigations, exclusion screening, training, and program monitoring activities.
- Work on complex problems/projects where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including the application of core health care compliance concepts and strategies;
- Investigate reports of actual or potential fraud, waste and abuse violations and determining and implementing actions to identify and mitigate risks of violations and breaches;
- Assist in driving change efforts across multiple organizations, leading diverse project resources.
- Exercise independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
- Work is varied and complex, and requires a significant degree of discretion, legal analysis, and independent judgment.
You are a part of
Philips Respironics' Compliance Program is a multi-faceted program that focuses on the following compliance areas: policies, procedures, education and training, contracting, auditing and monitoring, and reporting. The CA position works in conjunction with other members of the Compliance team on the successful implementation of all areas of the Compliance Program. Through auditing, monitoring, and reporting functions, the CA helps to align Philips Respironics' business operations with all applicable legal and ethical requirements relating to medical device manufacturers, including but not limited to laws governing the manufacture and sale of medical devices related to Philips Respironics commercial, research, and educational activities.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- At least three years of experience in the health care regulatory environment supporting healthcare compliance activities with substantive experience in:
- Developing, implementing, supporting or assessing an effective Compliance Program.
- Reviewing and analyzing regulations to determine the impact on business operations; identifying the need for new or revised policies, procedures, and practices; recommending to senior management; developing and implementing as required.
- Investigating any reports of actual or potential fraud, waste and abuse violations and determining and implementing actions to identify and mitigate risks of violations and breaches;
- Assisting internal departments with the implementation, maintenance and update of compliance activities, including new and revised policies and procedures.
- Developing and conducting relevant training programs and activities for employees.
- Relevant advanced degree and certification in Healthcare Compliance preferred.
- 3+ years in a hospital or durable medical equipment provider environment strongly preferred
- Must be a person with a high degree of integrity and trust and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Successful candidate will exhibit a willingness to jump in and take on new responsibilities, as needed, to complete projects.
- Knowledge of third party reimbursement requirements preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to successfully interact with employees at every level of the organization and the professional presence necessary to represent the Company
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top