Compliance, Legal, and Regulatory Specialist
Job TitleCompliance, Legal, and Regulatory Specialist
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Support the Company's Compliance Officer and be responsible for enhancing compliance effectiveness by providing guidance to sales and business on compliance program requirements, clarifying and aligning activities to compliance requirements and internal operations, and responding to compliance legal and regulatory questions from the sales and business team. This role will also be responsible for investigating, responding, and tracking compliance matters and supporting sales and business in the development of effective management action plans. This role will conduct compliance due diligence activities for acquisitions and support the alignment of new businesses with the Company's compliance program. This role will maintain compliance policies and procedures and will work with legal to manage and align its contracts template library with compliance systems, such as the Centralized Arrangement Tracking System (CATS).
You are responsible for
- Provide compliance, legal, and regulatory guidance to support operational alignment with Company's compliance program and regulatory requirements.
- Leading or monitoring projects and implementing processes to assist the business in its efforts to comply with the requirements of a corporate integrity agreement.
- Conduct compliance investigations, including confidential interviews and provision of legal analysis and risk assessments.
- Investigate reports of actual or potential fraud, waste and abuse violations and determining and implementing actions to identify and mitigate risks of violations and breaches.
- Manage policies & procedures, including development, review, and maintenance of policies and procedures
- Manage contract/agreement templates library.
- Implement critical business compliance improvement projects with multiple timelines and levels of resources.
- At the direction of the Compliance Officer, prepare and submit annual reports as outlined in the corporate integrity agreement.
- Develop dashboards and tools to monitor core elements of the compliance program, including investigations, exclusion screening, reportable events, training, and program monitoring activities.
- Conduct compliance due diligence for proposed mergers and acquisitions.
- Assist in development of responses to government inquiries and investigations.
- Manage all project communications and deliverables, providing proactive status updates, and supplying compliance guidance and substantive responses to inquiries from third parties, internal staff, and others.
- Support the design, development, and implementation of strategies and tactics focused on driving and ensuring compliance with internal compliance policies, workflows, and code of conduct.
- ork is varied and complex, and requires a significant degree of discretion, legal analysis, and independent judgment.
You are a part of
Philips Respironics' Compliance Program is a multi-faceted program that focuses on the following compliance areas: policies, procedures, education and training, contracting, auditing and monitoring, and reporting. The CA position works in conjunction with other members of the Compliance team on the successful implementation of all areas of the Compliance Program. Through auditing, monitoring, and reporting functions, the CA helps to align Philips Respironics' business operations with all applicable legal and ethical requirements relating to medical device manufacturers, including but not limited to laws governing the manufacture and sale of medical devices related to Philips Respironics commercial, research, and educational activities.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.)
- At least three years of experience in the health care regulatory environment supporting healthcare compliance activities with substantive experience in risk assessment, auditing, project management, training, policy and procedure drafting, and the development, implementation, or support of an effective Compliance Program.
- Must be a person with a high degree of integrity and trust, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Successful candidate will exhibit a willingness to jump in and take on new responsibilities, as needed, to complete projects.
- Prior experience working with the AdvaMed Code of Ethics preferred.
- Prior experience supporting businesses in the home healthcare market and/or interactions with Durable Medical Equipment providers preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to successfully interact with employees at every level of the organization and the professional presence necessary to represent the Company.
- Certification in Healthcare Compliance preferred.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top