In this role, you have the opportunity to
Evaluate, investigate, and resolve complaints while also analyzing complaint data and gathering additional information as needed. You will manage the complaint investigation process end-to-end. You will work with other teams in a collaborative environment to complete the end-to-end complaints process in a highly regulated environment.
You are responsible for
- Evaluate, investigate, track and complete complaints through effective and established complaint handling processes.
- Ensure accurate documentation of evaluation and investigation results with the assigned complaint records.
- Participate and collaborate objectively with team members to achieve consistent processes while identifying process improvements to drive efficiency and compliance.
- Review information provided from the call center, field organization and customer feedback systems and provide evaluation as to whether these service events constitute complaints.
- Identify product characteristics and/or failures that could lead to death or serious injury.
- Coordinate with team members in obtaining any missing information.
- Collaborate with a variety of diverse persons such as Engineers, Scientists, Clinical Specialists, Field Service Engineers, Professional Customers and Manufacturing personnel to facilitate the complaint investigation process globally.
- Review each complaint and determine eligibility for adverse event reporting to worldwide regulatory agencies.
- Other projects as assigned.
You are a part of
The Patient Monitoring Post Market Surveillance Team is headquartered out of Andover, MA. We welcome you to join Philips HealthTech as a Complaint Specialist supporting multiple businesses, including but not limited to, Patient Monitoring and Medical Consumable Suppliers. The Quality and Regulatory team enables meaningful innovation for our customers by partnering with and guiding the business to achieve world-class quality and regulatory compliance in a rapidly changing environment, while creating a great workplace for our people to realize their career aspirations.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- 1+ year of post-market complaints experience in a medically regulated industry.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, clinical sciences, related sciences, or relevant related experience
- Proficiency using office tools such as Microsoft Office Suite and various other computer software applications.
- Working knowledge of appropriate global medical device regulations, requirements, and standards such as ISO 13485 and ISO9001, and FDA QSR. Medical Device and or other regulated industry (Pharma, IVD,) preferred.
- An organized, analytical thinker with exceptional attention to detail.
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal for coordinating with colleagues and regulatory authorities worldwide.
- Able to exercise sound judgment within Philips using standard operating procedures and policies to determine appropriate action to achieve objectives.
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet regulatory reporting time frames and company requirements.
- Experience in TrackWise or similar system is preferable.
In return, we offer you
At Philips, we strive to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation, and our goal is to improve the lives of 3 billion people a year by 2025. This position offers the opportunity to influence regulatory compliance worldwide and directly improve the customer and patient experience. We offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top