Communications Intern (January - June 2018)
Job TitleCommunications Intern (January - June 2018)
As part of the Brand, Communications and Digital function, the PR and Communications team. You represent the organization to stakeholders – both internal and external -- including employees, members of the public, healthcare professionals, trade partners, and the media. The communications team serves as the company spokesperson to the media and the general public and develops materials that may explain or convey the company's policies or position on issues. Be a part of this team that's both at the frontlines, while also constantly working behind the scenes to build the brand and reputation of the company.
- Prepare and draft email messages, speeches and presentations for senior management under guidance and supervision.
- Support in managing and curating content for employee communications channels – intranet, TV screens, newsletters, email etc.
- Consolidate, draft and edit employee newsletter articles
- Assist in organizing and preparing spokespersons for interviews
- Work in close collaboration with PR agency
- Assist the team in hosting visitors and facilitating building tours
- Help with management of internal and external events
- Provide on-site support with the rest of the team
We are looking for
- Undegraduate in Mass Communications
- Excellent command of written English
- Keen interest in and understanding of current affairs
- Project management skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and PowerPoint)
- Bonus: Photography/Videography, Video editing
Due to the diversity of this internship, you can be assured that it will be a great learning opportunity, with hands-on experience and exposure in a fast-moving corporate environment. This internship allows you to apply academic theory and communications skillsets to actual work place situations which will enable your career making decision post-graduation.
We invite all interested students to apply directly via our career website!
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top