Communications Business Partner, Sleep & Respiratory Care (SRC)
Job TitleCommunications Business Partner, Sleep & Respiratory Care (SRC)
The BG Communications Business Partner works above the Business Market Combinations (BMC) leading internal and external reputation communications for the Business Group. He or she does not create Marketing Communications, but does work closely with the Marketing Communications team to ensure that product and campaign news is elevated to a reputation and brand level, and leveraged in internal communications with the broader Philips community as and when appropriate. Typically, the Communications Business Partner will coordinate multi-market product launches and globally-relevant announcements directly with global press office, in close collaboration with the Marketing Communications Team. A major part of the role covers employee and management communications within the SRC organization, supporting the SRC Business Group leader and his management team, establishing and running an impactful cadence of communications to drive employee engagement and strengthen SRC's high performance culture.
As well as mobilizing support from the Global Press Office team for SRC-related global news announcements and crisis communications when required, the SRC Communications business partner has access to a small pool of operational communications support colleagues and can also call upon the support of the Content & Channels Centre of Excellence (CCoE) eg for intra-SRC BG campaigns, intranet and other channel management, as well as content development around the Respiratory Health Space.
Success in this role means:
- Greater visibility for the BG externally through reputation-level exposure which profiles BG innovation and thought leadership
- Strong employee engagement in company-level programs (e.g. Growth and Performance Culture) and BG-specific initiates (e.g. BG response to My Accelerate Survey)
The BG Communications Business Partner is responsible for the following:
- The development and activation of an integrated communications plan for the Business Group, aligned with key Markets and the Global Press Office and Employee Communications teams. This plan is based on the BG-level annual Commitment and BG Strategy.
- The creation of global internal and external BG materials, for example the BG messaging house, and the BG-level annual communications calendar.
- The development of business enhancing positioning platforms and programs aimed at driving preference, understanding of the business strategy and portfolio, always in support of the business' commercial objectives.
- The curation and tailoring of global content to increase relevance for the BG.
- The dissemination of communications via identified channels and deployment of above BMC campaigns.
- Executive comms support to the BG leader (identification of high impact speaking engagements and content preparation).
- Stakeholder mapping of key BG-level stakeholders.
- The management of issues that threaten the BG's reputation (crisis communications), in close collaboration with the Group Press Office team
- Financial Communications at a BG level – feeding into the global financial communications team.
- Reputation and internal communications support and key BG events.
Objectives of the BG Communications Business Partner
- Position Philips as a customer-centric thought leader in HealthTech across markets and businesses. Ensure employees are informed and engaged in the transformation.
- Activation in key markets of of SRC-focused HealthTech stories, supporting our overall positioning
- My Accelerate Survey (MAS), the quarterly employee 'pulse'suvery: improvement targets to be agreed with SRC leadership
- Develop and handshake the integrated communications plan for SRC and ensure that 80% of time is spent activating that plan
- Final plan agreed and shared with the BG Management Teams
- Workload planning aligned to the plan
- Demonstrable prioritization of your workload to deliver on the agreed communications objectives
- Execute on agreed upon communications annual plan
- Complete media training
- Shadow and support media professional at a key event (learn on the job)
- Complete stakeholder management training
- Complete change management training
- Positive acknowledgement by BG leadership of integrated approach and knowledge
- BG comms plan objective (e.g. launch new business area with X impact)
- BG comms plan objective
As a part of the Philips Group, the Global Brand, Communications and Digital team is responsible for building, promoting and protecting the Philips brand. You will work in a dynamic team that is dedicated to transforming Philips into a world-class digital organization in close collaboration with our businesses and markets globally.
We are looking for
- A university degree in a communications-related discipline and equivalent 7+ work experience in Marketing and Communications
- Ability to work well under pressure and deliver to deadlines
- Excellent project management skills and ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency with software applications including MS Outlook, MS Office required, as well as experience with html, web editing, and basic graphic design
- Demonstrates confidence; is highly motivated and results-oriented
- Applies strong business acumen to work
- Excellent communication skills; understanding of functional communications best practice. Ability to influence without authority and to work effectively with senior business leaders
- Pro-active approach to communications program development
- Internal as well as external communications experience for a complex organization
- Strong project management skills, strategic thinking ability as well as efficient execution
- Communications thought leadership: you need to be rally functional leaders around the same communications objectives and plans
- Strong business acumen and understanding of the Philips business
- Ability to work effectively with Sr. Executives and management teams
- Strong presentation and planning skills
- Experience in managing agencies and budget
After a pre-selection process based on your CV, you will be invited for face-to-face recruitment- and business interviews.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top