Commodity Manager Technology (PCBA)
Job TitleCommodity Manager Technology (PCBA)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Leverage your expertise as a technology / design specialist in semiconductors or PCBA design and your desire to have an impact on improving people's lives. Your experience in engaging with PCBA design teams for new product development and strong relationship building skills will allow you to define strategy and drive for results.
You are responsible for
- Providing subject-matter expertise in semi-conductors with extensive in-depth understanding of PCBA design.
- Partnering with design teams to select the right solution / components for critical circuits.
- Partnering with commodity managers in developing the commodity strategies
- Scouting the market for latest technological developments and suppliers
- Driving the creation of standard library for off the shelf components.
- Managing commodity requisitions across unit and/or Product Lines with an understanding of product life cycles.
- Developing local / regional commodity strategic and sourcing plans with a short to medium term 1–3 year sight line.
- Building, working, and where applicable chairing a technology council.
You are a part of
A global commodity team consisting of commodity managers that continuously interface with other cutting edge companies and their technologies across the globe.
You will represent Philips in the supply industry and work closely together with your procurement counterpart in the business to fulfill their sourcing needs with top notch technology supply at the right price at the right quality and time.
You frequently interact with key persons and leadership in R&D Engineering, (product) Marketing, Quality & Regulatory, Legal and Operations to secure supply to demand.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelors / Masters degree (preferred) in Engineering is required
- At least 5+ years knowledge and experience in PCBA design.
- Experience in strategically managing and owning a supply base of leading suppliers with preference in the area of Semiconductors
- Good understanding and high interest in system architecture
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to influence decision makers in a complex matrix environment
- Comfortable in working with a wide variety of disciplines such as R&D Engineering, Marketing, Quality & Regulatory, Legal and Operations
In return, we offer you
Join us and work in a dynamic environment with opportunities to contribute to a number of innovation topics and application areas in relation to healthcare solutions and services. You have the opportunity to contribute to the growth of your team. We offer a competitive benefits and salary package.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top