Commodity Manager - Semiconductors
Job TitleCommodity Manager – Semiconductors
- Develop and Implement electronic components sourcing strategies for Philips Healthcare globally
- Manage component material costs, R&D engagement and strategy alignment, long term security of supply, supplier performance, and establishing a preferred supply base
- Maintain industry intelligence on technology trends, sourcing options, and competitive pricing.
- Ensure optimal supplier pricing, supply responsiveness, quality and contractual compliance
- Provide Inputs and experience sharing to DFX sessions.
- Measure and report commodity performance objectives against Philips annual operating plans
- Ensure that all Procurement related risks are controlled and mitigated.
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry leading in image guided interventions, ultrasound, patient monitoring, cardiology informatics, sleep therapy and respiratory care. We enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
You will become part of an elite team of seasoned global commodity managers directly reporting to Healthcare procurement senior management. Each commodity manager will need to lead a virtual global commodity team to develop and execute the commodity strategy across all Healthcare business groups. You will own executive relationship with the suppliers in your assigned commodity and present commodity strategy to procurement senior executives and various business leaders.
We are looking for
- Bachelor degree in Engineering/Science or relevant disciplines; Master of Science / MBA is preferable
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience
- Management of large spend electronics components portfolios sourced on a global scale
- Comprehensive understanding of semiconductor technologies, MEMS based sensors (Pressure, Flow, Gas Detection) and passive component families sufficient to engage R&D community
- Commercial experience in an outsourcing environment and/or electronic component industry
- Superior data management skills utilizing Microsoft Access and Excel
- 25% Travel could be expected (domestic and international)
- Preference is Andover, Massachusetts
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top