Commodity Manager - Maintenance Services
Job TitleCommodity Manager – Maintenance Services
As Global Commodity Manager you will develop and implement the Procurement strategy for Philips Medical Services (including Multi-Vendor Services) globally, with North America as the main market. Objective of the job is to increase growth opportunities, as well as reduce equipment service & repair costs through negotiation, contracting, and strategic cost management. You will leverage knowledge of market, trends and vendor relationships and capabilities to create additional value for organization.
You will be part of the global Procurement organization and work closely with Finance, Modality Management, Senior Leadership and other stakeholders to ensure the procurement strategy is aligned with business objectives.
- Define and implement the global procurement strategy and policy with a 3-5 year sight line.
- Integrate and align the global procurement strategy and policy with the local organizations business plan.
- Stakeholder management (CEO/CFO and other functional executives) in the assigned scope.
- Challenge ways of working and drive change to enable cost savings both internally as with the supplier.
- Manage the portfolio of products and gain deep understanding of the supply market.
- Leading the supplier sourcing process for the supply base in the assigned scope.
- Leading business review meetings and supplier evaluations for the assigned scope.
- Give guidance to a multi-functional team of sourcing specialists globally (e.g. supplier quality, commodity engineers and local procurement specialists).
- Gain deep understanding of the supply market and deploy in the local commercial organizations.
- Define critical components for the biomedical portfolio and support relevant strategic planning & sourcing; proactively ensure long term capacity and the availability of scarce components or repair development for the assigned commodity.
- Consult with Services Marketing on install base trends to balance existing and predictive demand, such as devices that have been recently introduced to the market, as well as End of Life, End of Service devices.
- Aggressively drive out cost through deep analysis and evaluation of new systems, products, vendors and market development.
- Manage suppliers based on performance, technology development and capabilities.
- Ensure world-class vendor base (selection and allocation, standardization, negotiation and contracting, performance rating and measurement) for the biomedical service program.
- Benchmark performance and relationships during business reviews.
- Leverage savings opportunities across Markets worldwide.
You will report to the Global Commodity Manager
The Commodity Manager is part of the global Market Procurement Service & Solutions commodity Procurement organization supporting Philips Health Systems. The role requires cooperation with the Customer Services organization and with sales and marketing professionals to ensure our suppliers bring the best products and services to our solutions business.
Our offer (Describe in ~100 words)
Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a leading health technology company focused on improving people’s health and enabling better outcomes across the health continuum from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment and home care. Philips leverages advanced technology and deep clinical and consumer insights to deliver integrated solutions. The company is a leader in diagnostic imaging, image-guided therapy, patient monitoring and health informatics, as well as in consumer health and home care. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips’ health technology portfolio generated 2015 sales of EUR 16.8 billion and employs approximately 69,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. News about Philips can be found at www.philips.com/newscenter.
We are looking for
- At least 5 years of experience in the Purchasing/Procurement field and commodity management experience preferred with a proven record of year over year savings
- Result oriented, fact based, ambitious and energetic personality with a can-do mentality.
- Broad perspective and/or experience in healthcare equipment repair services; ability to think in (potential) service-models for our customers and with our suppliers
- Background and relevant experience in the healthcare equipment service industry is preferred
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across functions and organizations, especially with Customer Service
- Experience with working in a global company in a cross-cultural environment
- Strong and effective communicator, capable of creating effective working relations at all levels in our organization
- Innovative thinker – able to quickly adapt to changing situations
- Master degree in Business, Engineering, Supply or Supply Chain Management
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top