CNC Machine Operator
Job TitleCNC Machine Operator
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Operate 1 or more similar CNC machines (automatic operation, manual operation, or in combination) according to procedures / instructions for the purpose of machining / processing individual products. As well as operate, and adjust manual and CNC mills and lathes, by following manufacturing planning, blueprints, schematics, process specifications, engineering sketches, written and oral instructions
1st shift opening (6:45 AM - 3:15 PM)
Saturday Overtime two or more times a month
Shift Flexibility: to cover for vacations etc.
You are responsible for
- Activities which can be characterized as operational and routine / repetitive with short cycle times (uninterrupted speed usually required. Seeks, in case of deviations, alternative solutions from a limited number of options.
- Activities can be characterized as small series/supply in batches.
- May set/adjust machine/tool/ (process) on basis of observations/standard measurements as regards various parameters. Identifies and remedies shortcomings based on experience (reporting). Visual control products, using measuring/control tools.
- Visually controls and monitors machine functions and operations.
- Prepare work holding / fixtures to secure product during the machining process.
- Operate machines and check cutting tools and/or parts for conformance to engineering drawings and specifications using measuring instruments, gauges and tools.
- Check materials for compliance using hand held precision measuring equipment, such as calipers, micrometers, hard gages, height gages and scales. Ensure parts are free of non-conformance issues.
- Examine surface of work pieces for defects
- Must meet production and quality requirements at all times. Report all non-conformances to manufacturing supervision or corrective action representative.
- Prepare quality status identification placards noting deviations from specifications on dimensions, finishes, material, processes, or quality when required.
- Responsible for routine maintenance and upkeep of machining equipment and machine shop with respect to TPM schedule / standards.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs in shift turnovers
- Utilize good verbal and written communication skills to report production status to colleagues and / or manufacturing management.
- Promote adherence to company policies and standards on safety, quality, proper housekeeping (6S), and GMP.
- Participate in structured problem solving activities using systematic methods of troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and corrective action implementation and documentation.
- Follow all safety procedures and reports unsafe conditions to manufacturing supervision.
- Drive for continuous improvements. Identifies production inefficiencies and suggests potential improvements to product or process.
- Other duties may be assigned.
You are a part of
the CNC department, working at the Philips Respironics facility in Kennesaw, GA. Benefits eligible to choose from the first day you start work.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- HS diploma or GED required. Technical diploma preferred.
- 2 or more years of CNC Machining experience preferred in a manufacturing / machining environment preferred
- Technical ability in reading and interpreting engineering drawings
- Experienced with multiple machine tools, production methods and shop practices preferred.
- Mechanically inclined, good eyesight, high level of manual dexterity, high degree of patience, close attention to detail, adapts to change easily, and high level of motivation to complete tasks promptly is required.
- Ability to produce and inspect critical parts with tight tolerances and finishes, with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to logically solve problems, troubleshoot, and resolve problems in an organized and structured manner.
- Position requires ability to frequently exert up to 50 pounds of force to move objects and occasionally exert up to 80 pounds of force to move objects; with or without assistance from material handling equipment.
- Familiarity /experience with Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen events, and continuous improvement and Six Sigma methodology preferred.
- Familiarity with SPC principles and methods.
- Experience with FDA, GMP, ISO, or comparable medical device manufacturing quality standards preferred.
- Position may involve reading, speaking, writing, reasoning, calculating, or analyzing.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top