Cloud & DevOps Software Engineer
Cloud & DevOps Software Engineer
Philips is a global health technology company where many of the best and brightest developers can openly collaborate to build a more connected and healthier society.
Are you passionate about the intersection of cloud computing, big data, analytics, the Internet-of-Things (IoT) and the advancement of medicine? Do you have the ability to push the boundaries of innovating unique cutting-edge solutions that bring together medicine and technology? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, out-of-the-box thinking and strong interpersonal skills?
Working for a worldwide leader in health technology brings much personal fulfillment, as well as unique challenges. We are seeking an expert Systems Development Engineer to be key part of the Philips Cloud team.
Key areas of responsibilities for this role include:
- Develop applications and components within a highly motivated software development team focused on the creation of next generation medical information systems -and applications.
- Learn and contribute to solving problems with our highly experienced architects and software development team.
- Work in an environment that embodies and embraces new ideas and innovations through agile methodologies and innovation hackathons.
- Automating build, test, deployment and monitoring processes to work reliably at scale.
- Fine-tuning of service performance at the software, network, and hardware layers.
- Building tools to audit and measure the reliability of our services.
- Working with metrics-based load projections to cope with increasing growth demand.
- Achieving and maintaining various certifications related to the business.
- Utilize software design patterns to enhance software quality by addressing fundamental challenges in large-scale system development. These challenges include communication of architectural knowledge among developers, accommodating new design paradigms or architectural styles, and avoiding development traps and pitfalls that are usually learned only by experience.
Work on our top-notch software development team in a fast-paced, high energy, and fun work environment. If you are interested joining a world-class team in the development of advanced technology software medical products that help to save and improve patients' lives every day, this could be the role for you.
Specific skill requirements for this role include:
- BS Degree or higher in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented software development concepts and methodologies.
- Solid understanding of Design and implementation of scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services, leveraging AWS Data pipeline to process and move data using AWS services like EC2, S3, Hive, Elastic MapReduce, DynamoDB and PostgreSQL.
- Must be proficient in the following technologies Java, Spark, Spring Boot, RabbitMQ, MQTT and SQL.
- Understanding of design patterns and practical experience in applying those patterns to address fundamental challenges in large scale, mission critical system development and influencing software engineering best practices within your team.
- Experience with secure system configuration and security principles .
- Understanding of design patterns and practical experience in applying those patterns to address fundamental challenges in large scale, mission critical system development and influencing software engineering best practices within your team
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to produce high quality work independently and work well in a team.
- Must have: Scripting abilities (Shell, Python), basic Java, JSON
- Java Build: Maven
- Microsoft TFS
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Exposure, knowledge and Experience with Azure cloud services and environment
This role comes with competitive compensation, benefits and a generous holiday/vacation offering, but that's not all. At Philips we offer you:
The chance to develop innovations that matter to people from the hospital to the home. This includes collaborating with skilled developers on solutions used by doctors and patients all over the world
A Collaborative Culture. Some of our teams are moving to the Agile methodology of software development where developers are expected to voice opinions, research and propose different technologies to solve complex problems. You will work in close-knit teams dependent upon each other for success.
Work and live healthy, don't live to work. There is no limit to paid time off due to illness, issues with immediate family, doctor's appointments, or personal matters that cannot be handled while you're work. Also, our Workplace Innovation program allows non-traditional start and end times, as well as the ability to work from home or another Philips office with agreement from your manager.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top