Clinical Scientist - MR Guided Interventions
Clinical Scientist - MR Guided Interventions
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Work onsite at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN as a Clinical Scientist working to improve the practice of MR Guided Interventions. You will collaborate on a global scale with medical doctors and physicists of large academic hospitals on research projects evaluating new medical applications of magnetic resonance. They are involved as the MR specialist for new clinical applications supporting sales by giving presentations to customers. The scientist supports product marketing and development departments by providing expertise and advice on technical and clinical aspects of MR.
You are responsible for
- Be the expert on MR Guided Interventions.
- Establishing an extensive network of contacts in the scientific community.
- Be actively involved in the clinical road mapping process.
- Keeping up to date with innovations in MR technology and medical applications in area of clinical expertise via scientific literature, symposia and international conferences.
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of Philips' MR Technology.
- Be able to run the Philips' MR scanners (incl. workstations) independently, and do patient/volunteer scanning.
- Guiding clinical research, pre-product development and clinical validation of MR related products and applications.
- Guiding marketing and sales activities including site visits of strategic customers; establish frameworks for trouble shooting image quality (IQ) issues.
- Be able to Advise colleagues in Product Marketing on new technical and clinical developments, assist in writing commercial and technical commercial documents
- Be able to Advise colleagues in R&D on new technical and clinical developments
- Writing white papers, Works-in-Progress brochures, leaflets, slides and video material etc. on new clinical applications for the use of Sales and Marketing
- Managing all clinical activities related to designated research sites and initiate, guide and manage the MR research projects.
- Co-coordinating with the local (US) clinical science organization and the clinical science organization in the MR headquarters (Best, The Netherlands) on all clinical and research issues including image quality, clinical applications, new research tools, clinical science keys and other new (proto-type) MR techniques. These activities may encompass:
- Testing and evaluating of prototypes (hardware and software);
- Initiating and Coordinating of clinical multi-center trials;
- Actively involvement in research projects initiated by the local Principal Investigator of the host institution and/or Philips;
- Technical support during site visits of strategic account customers. Facilitation of users groups;
- IQ trouble shooting;
You are a part of
The Clinical Science team is composed of clinical scientists and clinical specialists. Together we work to define a technology strategy, explore new technology, coordinate research with internal Philips research as well as with leading clinical academic centers worldwide, lead and direct product development to ensure our product solutions are meaningful and directed at key customer needs.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Ph.D. degree in physics, chemistry, biomedical engineering or other relevant technical background or
- Doctoral thesis or series of scientific publications on MR related topic
- MR Physics and MR System Programming
- Development and advanced application in a clinical setting on MR systems.
- Ability to conduct research and setup research studies.
- Professional communication, teaching and presentation skills essential.
- Strong analytical and experimental skills, independent problem solver
- Social skills (interaction with customers, other departments, sales organization)
- Languages: fluent English in writing and speaking
- Travel within North America
- Occasional international travel (clinical science meetings, development team interaction)
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we're used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top