Clinical Scientist 5
Job TitleClinical Scientist 5
The Clinical Scientist collaborates on a global scale with medical doctors and physicists of large academic hospitals on research projects evaluating new medical applications of magnetic resonance. They are involved as the MR specialist for new clinical applications supporting sales by giving presentations to customers. The scientist supports product marketing and development departments by providing expertise and advice on technical and clinical aspects of MR.
- Be the expert/MR specialist on an assigned Technical or Clinical application area
- Establish an extensive network of contacts in the scientific community
- Be actively involved in the clinical road mapping process
- Keep up to date with innovations in MR technology and medical applications in area of clinical expertise via scientific literature, symposia and international conferences
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Philips' MR Technology
- Be able to run the Philips' MR scanners (incl. workstations) independently, and do patient/volunteer scanning.
- Guide clinical research, pre-product development and clinical validation of MR related products and applications.
- Guide marketing and sales activities including site visits of strategic customers; establish frameworks for trouble shooting image quality (IQ) issues.
- Be able to Advise colleagues in Product Marketing on new technical and clinical developments, assist in writing commercial and technical commercial documents
- Be able to Advise colleagues in R&D on new technical and clinical developments
- Write white papers, Works-in-Progress brochures, leaflets, slides and video material etc. on new clinical applications for the use of Sales and Marketing
- Manage all clinical activities related to designated research sites and initiate, guide and manage the MR research projects.
- Co-ordinate with the local (US) clinical science organization and the clinical science organization in the MR headquarters (Best, The Netherlands) on all clinical and research issues including image quality, clinical applications, new research tools, clinical science keys and other new (proto-type) MR techniques. These activities may encompass:
- Test and evaluation of prototypes (hardware and software);
- Initiation and Coordination of clinical multi-center trials;
- Active involvement in research projects initiated by the local Principal Investigator of the host institution and/or Philips;
- Technical support during site visits of strategic account customers. Facilitation of users groups;
- IQ trouble shooting;
- Initiate new training programs and review quality of clinical training programs;
- Publish periodically research results in scientific journals and present results at scientific conferences, user or clinical science meetings. Innovate in the field of MR and process ideas to patent applications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- MR Physics and MR System Programming
- Development and advanced application in a clinical setting on MR systems.
- Neuro Imaging expertise a plus
- Ability to conduct research and setup research studies.
- Professional communication, teaching and presentation skills essential.
- Strong analytical and experimental skills, independent problem solver
- Social skills (interaction with customers, other departments, sales organization)
- Languages: fluent English in writing and speaking
- Travel within North America
- Occasional international travel (clinical science meetings, development team interaction)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Ph.D. degree in physics, chemistry, biomedical engineering or other relevant technical background or
- Doctoral thesis or series of scientific publications on MR related topic
Position is based onsite at the Kennedy Krieger Institute: Baltimore, Maryland
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first. Apply today!
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of technical difficulties with your job application, such as login issues or a need to reset your password, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top