Clinical Sales Training Specialist
Clinical Sales Training Specialist
We welcome you to join Philips Image Guided Therapy Devices (IGT-D) as a Clinical Sales Training Specialist - remote-based .
Philips is the leader in image-guided therapy, providing integrated solutions that advance minimally invasive procedures. We help healthcare providers to decide, guide, treat and confirm the right care in real time during the procedure to enable better outcomes for each patient and at population level.
As the Clinical Sales Training Specialist, you will be responsible for developing all Clinical Sales Training programs and delivering sales training material to the field sales force. This will include product knowledge, competitive product analysis and differentiation, sales force effectiveness for sales processes, continuing training and development of tenured sales personnel, and onboarding of new personnel.
You will also develop and facilitate all areas and phases of training and development including on-going field needs, managers meetings, plan of action meetings and product launches.
Collaborative work with Sales, Marketing, Legal, HR, Regulatory and Clinical Affairs are essential to deliver effective sales training programs.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
You are responsible for
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential job task satisfactorily. The tasks listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Develop objective driven clinical sales training program inclusive of strategy, process and collateral
- Leads In-House and Field Sales Training programs
- Develops and manages a training curriculum budget with support from Sr. Manager of Clinical Sales Training, Functional Lead and Medical Education
- Creates, implements and maintains sales training tools, processes and records
- Gathers information related to sales training best practices in the coronary, endovascular and imaging industry and incorporates into sales training strategies and programs
- Conducts appropriate evaluation of sales training programs and materials related to performance, budget, processes, overall effectiveness and impact on team; incorporates conclusions from analyses into design and implementation of programs as needed
- Lead training efforts in developing and executing new product training strategies including remote and in-person training, agenda creation, workshop development and content delivery as well as overall meeting facilitation
- Partner and collaborate with Marketing to develop sales force strategies to ensure product success in the marketplace
- Identify, evaluate and manage vendors to support training
- Establish goals and learning objectives, in conjunction with sales and marketing management, to design appropriate and effective curricula, utilizing principles of adult learning
- Leverage technology to promote cost effective remote training using company LMS system
- Aid in cross functional training to other functional areas such as Marketing, Clinical and Corporate
- Develop programs and gap assessment tools for use in meetings to aid in the continued development of the Sales Specialist skill and knowledge base
- Incorporate all required legal and regulatory compliance programs into the appropriate training programs
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Minimum BS/BA degree; advanced degree preferred
- 4+ years of sales, marketing and/or sales training experience preferred with a proven track record of results in medical device industry
- Basic cardiology knowledge a must
- Interventional cardiology and catheter lab experience
- Coronary physiology, IVUS and atherectomy sales/clinical/technical experience is a plus!
- International/global experience is a significant advantage
- Demonstrated success in building a corporate learning and development strategy
- Extensive experience in curriculum development, as well as in depth experience in various training methodologies to ensure effective delivery of material in an adult learning environment
- Detailed knowledge of sales training tools and potential vendor partnerships
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); team player/leader, high sense of urgency, ability to juggle multiple responsibilities, willingness and desire to 'roll up sleeves' and do the work vs. delegating constantly
- Demonstrated collaboration, negotiation and conflict resolution skills are required.
- Computer skills competency including Excel, Word and PowerPoint programs is necessary
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
In return, we offer you
We offer you the opportunity to grow within the organization and Philips - develop strong partnerships across Procurement, Head of Manufacturing, Q&R, Business Unit's, and Group Functions on various projects and initiatives to drive our products to our customers and be a part of saving people's lives every day.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top