Clinical Research Associate-Respiratory
Clinical Research Associate-Respiratory
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
As a Clinical Research Associate you will use your expertise in respiratory therapy in support of Clinical Affairs and R&D Engineering. You will stay ahead of technical and application developments in respiratory therapy technology and make that knowledge available for use within Philips, contributing to successful transfers of research results to the business.
You are responsible for:
- Work closely with R&D Engineers and Product Managers to provide in-depth clinical respiratory therapy knowledge in support of product development
- Respond to questions from engineering regarding metrics, etc. pertaining to respiratory therapy guidelines
- Perform research as needed to provide applicable information
- Participate in Human Factors / Usability Testing by 3rd party providers, develop protocols, train engineers, and observe testing
- Identify issues that need resolution to ensure safety and effectiveness of the products
- Participate in cross-functional meetings to provide clinical perspective and knowledge
- Knowledge of how to, or a willingness to learn to, write protocols, reports, and other forms of research projects for various studies that Clinical Affairs is engaged in
You are a part of:
The Philips Hospital Respiratory Care business products include invasive and noninvasive hospital ventilators, patient interfaces, sensors, and monitoring equipment. We believe that by understanding our customers' problems we can ease the discomfort of ventilation by providing innovative solutions to improve the patient-ventilator experience, permit speech, and speed liberation. These technological breakthroughs allow the clinician to concentrate more on the patient and less on the device.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Registered Respiratory Therapist, Bachelor degree required, relevant Master level degree preferred
- 5+ years of critical care experience as Registered Respiratory Therapist, preferably with NICU and PICU experience
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work on multiple projects, and work effectively in a demanding, time-sensitive environment
- Interest in and passion for research, bringing innovations to market and working in multidisciplinary teams
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Must be available to travel domestically approximately 25%, with occasional international travel
In return, we offer you:
An opportunity to sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we're used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. Philips is one of the world's leading healthcare technology companies. We are committed to understanding the technological and human needs of patients and caregivers and to delivering solutions that enable more confident diagnoses, more efficient delivery of care, and more positive user experiences. People focused. Healthcare simplified.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, and protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top