Clinical Research Associate, Senior
Job TitleClinical Research Associate, Senior
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
As the incumbent of this Quality & Regulatory (Q&R) role within Philips, your challenge will be to guide and support Business Groups, Markets and enabling functions to always do the right thing. This involves being a confident advisor on approval, regulatory compliance and quality management related topics, in order to achieve timely releases of innovative products that deliver high quality and outstanding reliability to the lives they will improve.
You are responsible for
- The senior clinical research associate performs and coordinates all aspects of the clinical monitoring and site management process in accordance with regulatory guidelines, local regulations and Philips standard operating procedures.
- A clinical research associate monitors the clinical study and ensures that investigators follow the clinical trial protocol at all times to obtain high quality integrity data.
- The clinical research associate leads or provides oversight to third party CRAs involved with site monitoring.
- The Senior CRA will coordinate clinical study activities including development of protocols, preparation of informed consents, investigator brochures, sections of regulatory submissions, Case Report Forms and other study materials.
- Oversee internal and contract monitors, review clinical data, complete trend analysis, communicate study progress, risk, and best practices to study team.
- Coordinate and communicates with universities, contract research organizations, private practices, institutional review boards, and other functional groups engaged in the conduct of clinical studies.
You are a part of
As a result of Philips renewed commitment to Quality, it has recently restructured its organization to ensure you and your department have clear interfaces with Philips Business Group and Market leadership, and can harness the expertise of five Centers of Excellence (COEs). These 5 COEs specialize in the following capabilities: Regulatory & Clinical Affairs, Supplier Quality, Quality Management System, Quality Assurance & Engineering, and Compliance & Audit. As part of this new structure, you are empowered to use your voice and expertise to have a positive impact on your team, our business, and health technologies that will improve the health, well-being and care for people around world.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Experience as a clinical research associate minimum of three years, five years preferred.
- Bachelor's degree, in biological sciences or healthcare
- At least 2 years related experience in (conducting) clinical trials (healthcare setting, CRO, medical device and/or pharmaceutical company and/or industry)
- Good command of written and spoken English language
- Responsible for data monitoring and study site management
- Responsible for overall study process and adherence to clinical trial procedures by keeping oversight, identifying possible problems / risks, creating mitigation plans, taking actions or corrective actions using timely communication
- Work according to Good Clinical Practice, rules and regulations and internal procedures
In return, we offer you
Working in the medical industry brings much fulfillment, as well as unique challenges. As part of our HealthTech – focused company, you will be responsible for successfully dealing with and managing Philips relationships with approval agencies such as the US Federal Drug Administration (FDA).
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top