Clinical Education Manager (Instructional Design)
Job TitleClinical Education Manager (Instructional Design)
We challenge you to work for Philips, a health technology company, as a Clinical Education Manager working with internal and external customers to design instructional materials. Within Philips, this position is reffered to as a Learning Products Developer with our Emergency Care and Resuscitation (ECR) team in Bothell, WA. You will be working in the Emergency Care and Resuscitation (ECR) marketing organization within Philips Healthcare in Bothell, WA. We are leading the way in emergency care and resuscitation from the field to the hospital through our innovative portfolio of defibrillator-monitors and AEDs.
The Technical Writing and Learning Products team is responsible for post-sales technical documentation and training materials for Philips ECR products. The team produces user documentation, service documentation, customer training materials, and user interface localization support.
The Learning Products Developer creates documentation and training materials for Philips Healthcare ECR products. This is a highly collaborative environment. The staff works closely with product development teams, engineering teams, technical writers, the localization team, and the regulatory and quality teams.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person who is able to take a high level of individual responsibility to:
- Create, deliver, and/or manage customer training materials and education for product releases and/or based on internal requests.
- Create and deliver product-related user documentation.
- Create, deliver, and/or manage clinical specialist and/or sales training for product releases.
- Create, market, deliver, and/or manage online and/or instructor-led clinical education for customers directly or through other venues (e.g., conferences).
- Provide instructional design consultation on new hire and/or refresher training, including sales skills development and product/clinical knowledge.
- Address customer and field training, documentation, and/or support requests.
- Lead creation and/or update and delivery of clinical marketing communications material.
- Partner with Key Opinion Leaders or clinicians on educational offerings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to organize information according to instructional theory and/or technical writing and communication principles
- Proven ability to design, implement, and execute instructional training curriculum and user documentation
- Manage course and writing project teams from inception to release
- Ability to prioritize, schedule and meet deadlines, ability to work both independently and cross functionally with a team
- Works closely with subject matter experts (i.e., development team, products team, product marketing, sales operations, etc.) to learn and leverage core content and build effective learning programs
- Ability to understand and communicate concepts quickly and accurately
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to details
- Excellent research, writing and communication skills
- Knowledge of web-based and multimedia course development and delivery tools
- Computer knowledge and software application skills, including: MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Project
You will report directly to the Director, Marketing Programs and Operations within Philips Emergency Care & Resuscitation (ECR) Business Innovation Unit (BIU). The ECR team is part of Philips Patient Care & Monitoring Solutions (PCMS) division. This position is based in Bothell, WA.
Emergency Care and Resuscitation is a key business along the continuum of care, and has a broad product portfolio of advanced life support solutions, automated external defibrillators, and data management solutions. Our mission is to design, produce, and deliver every solution as if the life of someone we love depends on it. Every day, we empower and enable our customers – from clinicians to paramedics, first responders to the ordinary person – to save lives using our innovative, market leading technology. We are searching for passionate leaders to join us as we strengthen our product portfolio, expand our services and solutions, and bring game changing technology to market.
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips’ dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
We are looking for
The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Instructional Design, Technical Communications, Nursing, or related field or equivalent education/experience
- MA or MS preferred
- Minimum of ten years of instructional design and/or technical writing experience, hands-on experience developing instructor-led and self-paced multimedia training courseware
- Minimum of five years of designing and/or writing in the medical device industry preferred
- Experience working in a highly regulated quality control and product release system a plus
- Experience working in a hospital or EMS service in a clinical role a plus
- Experience working with hospital and pre-hospital clinicians a plus
- Experience organizing and implementing clinical continuing education a plus
- Knowledge of technical writing and localization processes a plus
Call to Action / Contact
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top