Clinical Applications Specialist
Job TitleClinical Applications Specialist
To play a vital role in a critical business that is in the current phase of the project to define the user interactions in the clinical environment for the launch of an initial prototype. As a Clinical Support Specialist in our Image Guided Therapy (IGT) Business Incubation you will represent the end-user in the development phase of the differentiating and hard-to-copy product in the area of Interventional Echocardiography.
Within the venture team you will define, drive and implement the application setup for the differentiating and compelling product of Philips. You will work with the R&D experts to specify this differentiating product based on hard-to-copy technology. You will work with marketing colleagues to create usability and workflow solutions that further strengthen the Philips reputation on ultrasound image quality.
As a Clinical Applications Specialist you will be accountable for specifying, implementing and testing usability, workflow and image quality aspects of the final system to realize a unique customer experience.
In this role, the Clinical Applications Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Analyzing the Interventional Echocardiography market on usability, workflow and application aspects to steer R&D teams on design choices.
- Participating in the development of new functionality or the development of improved system settings covering Image Quality aspects.
- Specifying and customizing the system to the specific wishes of the users, in close contact with R&D and Marketing, as well as selected clinical users.
- Supporting clinical studies to determine optimal performance characteristics and implements the results to extend the system performance.
- Working with R&D to fine-tune the transducer settings for optimal image quality that will be used as factory presets for our customer base.
- Monitoring the use of systems, by regular contact with the users, in order to solve problems regarding the operation of the system or to adapt the system to changed user wishes.
- Developing and executing an instruction program for the users, in order to maximize the independency of the user operating the ICE system.
- Taking care of demonstrations and presentations, where required.
- Keeping in close contact with the product group, in order to increase/maintain the application knowledge and be timely informed about new developments.
Philips is a leading health technology company focused on improving people’s health and enabling better outcomes across the health continuum from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment and home care. Philips leverages advanced technology and deep clinical and consumer insights to deliver integrated solutions. The company is a leader in diagnostic imaging, image-guided therapy, patient monitoring and health informatics, as well as in consumer health and home care. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips posted 2015 sales of EUR 16.8 billion and employs over 70,000+ employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. News about Philips can be found at www.philips.com/newscenter.
We Are Looking For:
- At least a Bachelors’ degree in Medical Imaging / Radiology / MBRT or other relevant medical field. Certified or certification eligible in cardiology sonography
- At least 5 years’ of professional experience with cardiovascular ultrasound including 3D ultrasound and preferably interventional ultrasound
- Up-to-date knowledge on operational level of interventional cardiology and expertise in single use device market.
- Good in-depth knowledge of basic ultrasound system architecture, clinical workflows and used technology.
- Experience in training and presenting complex technology / applications to individuals and large groups.
- Project Management-, consulting-, communication- and analytical skills.
- Excellent customer facing skills (presentations, influencing, value add, human interaction)
- A self-starter, enthusiastic and operational achiever with a drive for quality
- Proven ability to work in a global environment in a multi-site assignment and willingness to travel
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top