Clinical Application Specialist - MRI
Job TitleClinical Application Specialist - MRI
In this role, you have the opportunity to take responsibility for a variety of onsite and remote clinical applications support activities, related to the Interventional Oncology and solutions product line (hardware and software).
You are responsible for;
- Supporting customers, vendors, and business partners on education and training in regards to optimize clinical performance of their Invivo interventional, fMRI and DynaCAD software products.
- Troubleshooting image quality problems related to scan protocols/product use and assisting customers with the use of Invivo products for optimum clinical performance. This support can be in the form of remote (phone / e-mail) or on-site application support for Invivo customers, Invivo Sales and Field Service Personnel.
- Collecting clinical data and assist Invivo Marketing with the development of clinical marketing materials. Assisting in the coordination of staff education and training seminars on breast and functional MRI and other interventional and Solutions product line for clinical applications.
- Communicating all relevant customer information including product and/or customer problems or opportunities to Field Sales, Marketing, Customer Response Team and Technical Support
- Escalating any product issues in order to document possible problems and suggest product improvement. Provide feedback to the Customer Service and Support team and identify key issues or problems on the customer side by utilizing Invivo Quality System processes (i.e. Costumer Complaint forms, DCN). Regularly enters support issues using approved support ticket management tool.
- Working effectively with all Field Service Specialists, Customer Service Center, Sales Representatives, Clinical Specialists, Customers, in-house Quality Assurance, R&D, and Manufacturing personnel to enhance Customer experience.
- Completing paper work, documentation, and administrative tasks per organization policy and procedures (i.e. trip reports, expense reports, RTU, timecards).
- Actively pursuing task projects, and ways to enhance their team and the business beyond their day to day responsibilities.
- Supporting new product implementations by means of working with development team, supporting the product in the field and cross train colleagues.
- International travel is associated with this role (60%).
You are a part of a team of 3 clinical applications specialists, reporting into the Sales and Marketing Director for Oncology Solutions.
Please note this is an international role, with 50% of your time based in the UK, with the remaining time spent across Scandinavia, South Africa and parts of the Middle East (i.e. Israel and Turkey). This position will see you working 3-4 days per week on the road, and 1-2 days from home.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience;
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Familiarity with digital imaging workstation products in MRI, CT or Ultrasound.
- Working knowledge of a clinical environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently, multi-task in a fast-paced environment and deal effectively with a challenging work schedule
- Knowledge of MRI scanning procedures (non-essential_
- Ability to learn software packages and work with networking systems.
- Patience and clear communication skills are required to work with individuals and tactfully assist doctors, clinicians, technologists, radiologists and researchers to execute processes carefully.
- Owner of a degree in the field of general or advanced radiography or equivalent registry accreditation status as required is helpful but not a must have-other comparable degrees will be considered.
- Additionally, an engineering background in computing or electrical devices will be considered instead of the above. Experience will be considered for all candidates without an advanced degree in the relevant field.
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems and PC-based computer applications and network familiarity
- Software, data, and hardware/software system troubleshooting experience is highly desirable.
- Experience in providing applications training on medical imaging products is required.
In return, we offer you
Due to the rising trend of cancer, Philips Oncology Solutions have developed three imperatives to combat this trend. We believe in confident diagnosis, personalized therapy and effective delivery. This role will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference to cancer sufferers globally. As a growing business in Philips, opportunities for development will grow too. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities. Furthermore, Philips University is available to all employees for learning and development opportunities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Please apply on-line – Good Luck!
Recruitment agencies: we are fortunate enough to receive lots of fantastic applications for our brand, however when we use agencies we have a PSL in place so please do not contact hiring managers or the recruitment team directly. Unfortunately we are not able to respond to you and cannot accept speculative CV's as way of introduction.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top