Chief Engineer, Thermo-Mechanical Development
Job TitleChief Engineer, Thermo-Mechanical Development
You are responsible for
- Development of new product functions and modules for domestic appliances
- Involve in product development cycle, from new concept generation, concept evaluation and feasibility study, detailed design (part and module), prototyping and testing until industrialization
- Take part in developing, applying and improving the competencies in the field of thermal management, steam generation and flow control
- Lead effort in failure analysis and developing solution in support of manufacturing & quality improvement of products
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical and/or Material Engineering with at least 5 years of experience
- In-depth knowledge, extensive experience and proven competence in handling challenges (in mass produced devices) with regards to heat transfer, temperature sensing & control, steam generation and flow control
- Good knowledge in metals and metal forming (e.g. deep drawing, casting) and associated failure mechanisms will be an added advantage
- Strong analytical & conceptual thinking
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Knowledge and experience using DFSS methodology
- Good communication skills
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top