Chief Engineer, Product Development
Job TitleChief Engineer, Product Development
The role is responsible for lifecycle management of a project to develop product derivatives, quality & cost improvements. Ensures requirements are well defined & aligned, technical feasibility analyzed before commitment, implemented according to project plan. Manage projects ensuring execution is in line with corporate policies, rules, & procedures.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Is responsible for delivering input in the planning process to the project leader based on the assignment & requirements of the project
- Ensures requirements are well defined, technical feasibility analyzed, implemented and approved
- Develops on the basis of design specifications in accordance with the functional specifications and tests, analyses and verifies their performance.
- Responsible for the overall concept at systems level, tackles & solves issues during the life cycle of the product.
- Seeks solutions ; calculations; experiments ; measuring ; testing ideas.
- Finalizes the design specifications, schematics, drawings, codes for the developed modules or components.
- Ensures that there is proper documentation for the developed hardware/software/mechanics.
- Manages internal and external stakeholders
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Project Management – Develops engineering activity plan; Communicates changes and progress; Coordinate engineering activities & completes task based on project timeline, quality, budget; oversees & manages functional design team activities.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Thermal Engineering is required with minimum 5-8 years of experience, of which ≥3 years are gained in product design.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Products is required.
- Basic skills in Unigraphics or other CAD software.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top