Category Management Analyst
Job TitleCategory Management Analyst
Join the Category Management team at Philips North America. Help drive analytic rigor and category expertise through the Marketing organization while driving influence with key Food, Drug and Specialty customers. Philips Category Management leads relationships with key customes, holding captaincies and validators at most major accounts in the U.S. and Canada – we are looking for great people to support and grow strategic partnerships with our customers. HQ Category Managemnt is a critical function we are looking for a very well rounded individual who is able to handle internal and external customers, manage through multiple priorities, and who is very adept at crafting business issue driven analyses/stories using a variety of data sources and types
- Actively support the drive for category leadership and influence at key Drug, Specialty, Online and Food customers
- Analyze syndicated data and shopper information to craft retail stories
- Co-own assortment and lead planogramming activities.
- Prepare account specific category plans providing unbiased analysis, interpretation and recommendations improving total category performance
- Turnkey presentations that sales teams can customize for use as part of their own account meetings
- Help adjust local retailer assortment and portfolio to meet existing consumer trends
- Assist with shopper insights projects driving improved merchandising and buyer conversion opportunities. Work closely with Category Managers and Shopper Insights Managers to bring insights to our customers.
- Conduct promotional analysis to deliver recommendations to optimize
- Manage category development toolkit to achieve a comprehensive set of data including both account trends and shopper insights.
- Provide actionable category analysis to Senior Management.
- Manage syndicated data and reporting at the HQ level (Nielsen and NPD reporting)
- Provide Excel based forecasts to guide internal Philips business planning processes
- Streamline and drive automation through recurring deliverables
- Liase between Field Cat. Man., Marketing, Sales and Sales Planning
You will report directly to the Director of Category Management for Philips Norelco based in Stamford, Connecticut. You will join a team of 12 driven and highly knowledgeable category management professionals located in Stamford, Minneapolis, Rogers and Markham, Ontario. We are tight knit, high performing team sharing best practices and continually driving improvement and enhancement to what we deliver to both internal and external teams.
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips’ dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
We offer you the opportunity to personally contribute to Philips’ achievement of growth objectives and ambition to improve the lives of 3 Billion people a year by 2025.
We are looking for
The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills education and experience:
- Must be proficient in accessing, interpreting syndicated POS and Panel data (Nielsen/IRI)
- Proficient or working knowledge of Shelf planning software and images
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong Excel, Powerpoint and presentation skills presentation skills
- Lead and work in cross-functional teams
- Ability to multitask, organize and plan
- Strategic thinking
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Energy, adaptability and drive
- Creativity and entrepreneurship
- High Sense of urgency
Call to Action / Contact
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top