Job TitleCAPA Engineer
CAPA Engineer – Highland Hts, OH (Philips HealthTech)
As the incumbent of this Quality & Regulatory (Q&R) role within Philips, your challenge will be to guide and support Business Groups, Markets and enabling functions to always do the right thing. This involves being a confident advisor on approval, regulatory compliance and quality management related topics, in order to achieve timely releases of innovative products that deliver high quality and outstanding reliability to the lives they will improve.
Working in the medical industry brings much fulfillment, as well as unique challenges. As part of our HealthTech – focused company, you will be responsible for successfully dealing with and managing Philips relationships with approval agencies such as the US Federal Drug Administration (FDA).
Key areas of responsibilities (KARS) for this role include:
- Serve as a resource to and facilitate CAPA investigations including data analysis, root cause analysis and developing/implementing corrective action plans.
- Ensure activities performed in the CAPA process are accurately documented in the CAPA tool and that all timeframes for reporting or resolution are met.
- Maintain and manage positive working relationships while assisting in all stages of CAPA management and resolution.
- Serve as a point of contact in processing, monitoring, reporting, and resolving problems and process improvements.
- Maintain personal competency in all aspects of CAPA, including policies and procedures.
- Provide back up to the Q&R Engineer 4 – CAPA (CAPA Leader) for daily operation of the CAPA system.
- Ensures that appropriate quality plans are made that include all stages of the life cycle of the product and supports Quality Plan design
- Validates key design inputs like: usability, reliability, performance, supportability, manufacturability, localizability, safety, security, privacy, serviceability, sustainability and costs
- Provides effective oversight of the execution of the Quality Plan , any Risk Management activities, and of all design related activities during the product/system lifecycle
- Performs independent technical assessment on product quality performance and post-market product quality analysis
- Can Lead quality related problem solving and root cause analysis during design and manufacturing
- Uses post-market analytics and statistics to report on product quality performance in the field (provide feedback to manufacturing, suppliers or design teams) and initiates field actions when required
- Act as a single point of contact (person assigned to project team) responsible to ensure that hardware design meets quality and compliance standards for every milestone
As a result of Philips renewed commitment to Quality, it has recently restructured its organization to ensure you and your department have clear interfaces with Philips Business Group and Market leadership, and can harness the expertise of five Centers of Excellence (COEs). These 5 COEs specialize in the following capabilities: Regulatory & Clinical Affairs, Supplier Quality, Quality Management System, Quality Assurance & Engineering, and Compliance & Audit. As part of this new structure, you are empowered to use your voice and expertise to have a positive impact on your team, our business, and health technologies that will improve the health, well-being and care for people around world.
Location: Highland Hts, OH
We are looking for:
A person who is excited by the unique professional challenges that our Quality Transformation presents, has strong technical competencies, and demonstrates resilience challenging, often demanding situations. We are looking for a perfectionist- a fixer who continuously strives for excellence as a way of life; not just as a job. We’re looking for someone who can inspire others to adopt this mentality of prioritizing quality above all else in a relentless pursuit to improve the quality of life billions for the billions of people Philips brand touches each year.
Specific skill requirements for this role include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Masters Degree in Engineering
- Strong multi-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of general Q&R support tools (e.g. CAPA, documentation control, complaint, ERP) and ability to use.
- Good understanding of CAPA processes including investigations, technical writing and documentation
- Experience with Six Sigma Process Excellence tools, training and/or certification
- Knowledge of medical device regulations and standards such as 21CFR820 and ISO 13485
- Experience in FDA regulated environment and medical device
This role comes with a competitive compensation offering and a generous holiday / vacation offering, but that’s not all. Quality is right on the top of Philips leadership agenda and that means you have the unique opportunity to come in and have a recognized voice to drive and witness exciting, transformational changes. You will be empowered to drive high quality, ground breaking innovations with a globally recognized, premium brand behind you. And when you are successful in this role’s mission, you will have an array of diverse career options open to you – across different functional areas, product lines, business groups and/or geographies. That is a commitment Philips Quality Leadership team has made and stands by.
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips’ dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Mike Diamond – [email protected]
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top